Bell and Drum Tower Square Tours and Activities
Bell and Drum Tower Square is located in the heart of Xian, right at the intersection of the four main roads running from north to south and east to west across the city. Linked by an underground passage, the square’s Bell Tower and Drum Tower are its main attractions, standing as ancient symbols of the Old City. Built in the Ming Dynasty, the towers were once used to keep time, and today they attract tourists and locals who gather in the square to marvel at their architecture.
As well as these impressive towers, there are a choice of places to eat, shop, and enjoy some people watching and live music in the square. It’s the perfect place to learn about the history of Xian and take some impressive photos. If arriving at the square in the early morning, you’ll find a gathering of locals, mostly elders, going about their morning exercises. Visit at night, and you’ll find more of a younger crowd taking an evening stroll or simply enjoying the atmosphere.
Bell and Drum Tower Square is a highlight on various full-day tours of Xian and is usually combined with other top attractions in the city, such as the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, and Muslim Market.
Tours and Activities to Experience Bell and Drum Tower Square
- 2-Day Classic Xi'an Tour Combo Package: Terracotta Warriors and Downtown Sightseeing
- 2-Day Highlights Xi'an Private Tour Combo Package: Terracotta Warriors and City Sightseeing
- 2 Days Xian Small Group Tour: Terracotta Army, Hanyangling Museum, and Xian City
- Impressive Xian Downtown Tour with Driver and Guide
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Tai'an
- Things to do in Luoyang
- Things to do in Taiyuan
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Zhengzhou
- Things to do in Pingyao
- Things to do in Chengdu
- Things to do in Beijing
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Lanzhou
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Southwest China