U.S. Navy Memorial
The outdoor U.S. Navy Memorial is a circular plaza with a "Granite Sea" map of the world. Two tall, arced buildings encompass the map in the center, the focal point of the Memorial. Fountains with pools, sculpted panels, and long columns embellish the stately Memorial. The eye-catching statue of the Lone Soldier represents every man and woman who has served in the Navy or other sea services.
Adjacent to the U.S. Navy Memorial is the Naval Heritage Center. A pseudo-museum, it was built to educate the public on the mission and history of the Navy, as well as a look into the life of those who serve in it. In the Center, visitors will find interactive exhibits and a movie theater that screens films about Navy service. There is a Media Resource Center on site, which houses historical text and documents on the Navy, as well as a souvenir shop.
Tours and tickets to Experience U.S. Navy Memorial
Should I book U.S. Navy Memorial tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit U.S. Navy Memorial 2021?
What's the best way to experience U.S. Navy Memorial?
- DC At Dusk Night Tour
- Washington DC in One Day: Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Half-Day Grand Tour of Washington DC
- Washington DC Night-Time City Tour with Stops at Top Attractions
Things to do near Washington DC
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Maryland
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey