See how America’s first English settlers lived at the Jamestown Settlement, where they landed in 1607. This site, now a living history museum, sits in Virginia at the heart of America's first permanent English colony and explores the history of colonial times through films, exhibits and interactive outdoor experiences.
Visitors are introduced to the settlement and interactions between the Powhatan Native Americans, Europeans and Africans who converged in the area in this time period. Outside, the museum showcases replicas of the three ships that arrived in Virginia from England in the 1600s. Visitors can also walk through recreations of the colonist forts and a Powhatan village that include demonstrators in period garb.
What are Jamestown Settlement hours of operation?
Should I book Jamestown Settlement tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Jamestown Settlement 2021?
What's the best way to experience Jamestown Settlement?
Things to do near Washington DC
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Maryland
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey