Top Vik Outback Tours
Saved to wishlist!
1 result | All Vik Tours
For three hours take you on a ride to explore the volcanic region east of Vík called Mydalssandur in a massive Mercedes Sprinter Super Jeep. Myrdalssandur is a flood plain and sand desert created by the massive water outbursts that come down from the glacier when Katla underneath it blows. You are gonna find out more about the volcanic history in this area, hear famous Icelandic stories told over generations, learn about the wildlife in this area and see where some parts of Star Wars: Rogue One were shot. The landscape impresses with picturesque views that are ideal to take great photos. We are gonna visit the glacier and its ash layers in the ice. If conditions allow it we even take a look inside the ice cave (usually this is however only possible in the winter). On the way back we visit an old sea cave where lots of birds and different plants can be spotted and enjoy an empty black sand beach.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Outback Tours in Vik are good for avoiding crowds?
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in East Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in South West Ireland