How to Spend a Rainy Day in Vienna
Even the best-laid travel plans can be disrupted by poor weather. When black clouds threaten in Vienna, here's how to stay dry and make the most of rainy days in Austria’s ornate capital city.
- Explore the baroque Belvedere Museum, a UNESCO World Heritage Site home to The Kiss by Gustav Klimt.
- Enjoy a classical music concert in the Schonbrunn Palace Orangery.
- Learn about, make, and taste chocolate during a chocolatier experience.
- Stay dry and save money on admission to Vienna’s top museums with a Vienna Pass.
- Learn how to make authentic Austrian cuisine during a cooking class.
- Step back in time and learn about the history of Vienna at Time Travel: The Vienna History Show.
- Enjoy a wine tasting experience in a cosy Viennese cellar.
- Immerse yourself in the creative world of Mozart on a visit to Mozarthaus, his preserved apartment.
- Savor a sacher torte (chocolate cake) and soak up Viennese coffeehouse culture at some grand cafes.
- Admire colorful butterflies at the Schmetterlinghaus Imperial Butterfly House.
- Challenge your code-breaking skills at an escape room.
- Pose for photos beside wax replicas of celebrities such as Mozart and Marilyn Monroe at Madame Tussauds.