Sigmund Freud Museum
From 1891 to 1938 Sigmund Freud, considered the founding father of psychoanalysis, resided in Vienna at Berggasse 19 before fleeing to Britain when the Nazi’s annexed Austria. Today, his former residence houses the Sigmund Freud Museum and its collection of original furniture, antiques from Freud’s collection and several autographed first editions of his works.
Freud’s youngest daughter, Anna, helped transform the house into a museum in 1971, and she also helped compile a series of historic films of Freud and his family during the 1930s. The museum has steadily expanded since its opening and now includes a library, museum shop and exhibition hall.
In addition to the Freud-centric permanent collection, the museum also hosts special exhibitions and a rotating contemporary art collection, displayed in a former butcher shop storefront in the same building as Freud’s living quarters.
Tours and tickets to Experience Sigmund Freud Museum
What are Sigmund Freud Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Sigmund Freud Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Sigmund Freud Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Sigmund Freud Museum?
- Vienna Private Tour: Freud, Mozart & Beethoven Exploration Game
- Private Walking Tour of Sigmund Freud Life Highlights
- Sightseeing Flexi Pass in Vienna
- Vienna Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket
Things to do near Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Pilsen
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Bohemia