Grand Trianon Tours
The pink-colonnaded Grand Trianon was built in 1687 by the famous architect Mansart, as a tranquil getaway from court life for Louis XIV.
Setting the benchmark for Italianate garden conservatory design, the elegantly long and low palace of pink marble and porphyry features geometrically ordered rows of columns and windows, topped by a balustrade roof.
The original furnishings were plundered during the Revolution. Today, the palace is furnished in Empire style, reflecting the decoration installed by Napoleon, who was particularly enamored of the building. Surrounding the palace is a lovely flower garden.
While the Grand Trianon is open to the public, it is also an official residence of the French President.
The Grand Trianon is around 1.5 kilometers (1 mile) northwest of the palace. It’s an easy stroll along Avenue de Trianon from the Bassin de Neptune fountain.
9 Tours and Activities to Experience Grand Trianon
Frequently Asked Questions
- Skip the Line: Versailles Palace Entrance Ticket and Breakfast at Ore Restaurant
- Best of Versailles Palace Private Day Tour including Lunch & Queen's Hamlet
- Private Tour : The Queen’s Hamlet in Versailles
- Versailles Gardens Segway Tour
Things to do near Versailles
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Amiens
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Tours
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Picardy
- Things to do in Champagne