Hard Rock Cafe Venice
It may be Europe’s smallest, but the Hard Rock Cafe in Venice has enough music memorabilia to satisfy any rock aficionado. With its signature rock-and-roll themed interiors and American-inspired menu paired with a unique location overlooking a gondola-crowded canal, the brand’s Venice outpost is a perfect fusion of old and new worlds.
Hard Rock Cafe Venice is a popular gathering spot for music fans and young travelers who appreciate the eclectic mix of authentic rock memorabilia and Venetian glass, as well as the informal burger-joint atmosphere. Book skip-the-line tickets to avoid a long wait to dine at the busy two-story restaurant just behind St. Mark’s Square, where you can also browse the themed gift shop and purchase branded Hard Rock Cafe Venice souvenirs, including the traditional guitar-shaped pins that fans collect from locations visited worldwide.
Things to know before you go
- With its informal diner atmosphere and burger-heavy menu, Hard Rock Cafe Venice offers a fun dining option for families.
- The historic palazzo houses a restaurant and cocktail bar decorated with a collection of rock memorabilia. The in-house Rock Shop® stocks branded souvenirs and apparel; there is a second stand-alone Rock Shop® near the Rialto Bridge.
- Unlike most restaurants in Venice, the kitchen does not close between lunch and dinner, so you can dine from late morning to almost midnight.
- The ground floor dining room is wheelchair-accessible.
How to get there
Hard Rock Cafe Venice is located along Bacino Orseolo just behind St. Mark’s Square, a short walk from St. Mark’s Cathedral and Doge’s Palace.
When to get there
Whereas most Italian restaurants are open only at lunch and dinner—around 12:30pm until 3pm and around 7:30pm until 10pm—Hard Rock Cafe Venice serves non-stop from 11am until after midnight. If you haven’t adjusted to dining later in Italy, this is where you can get lunch or dinner any time of day.
The Rock-and-Roll Collection at Hard Rock Cafe Venice
Instruments, clothing, and other rock memorabilia decorate the two floors at Hard Rock Cafe Venice; including guitars owned by the Rolling Stones, The Who, and The Police; a drum signed by the Beatles; and a jacket owned by Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols.
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Porec
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- St. Mark's Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio)
- San Gallo Theater (Teatro San Gallo)
- St. Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco)
- Bovolo Staircase (Scala Contarini del Bovolo)
- Correr Museum (Museo Correr)
- San Marco Chamber Orchestra (Virtuosi di Venezia)
- Bridge of Sighs
- Campo San Luca
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- La Fenice Opera House (Teatro La Fenice)
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)
- Campo San Bartolomeo
- Rialto Bridge (Ponte di Rialto)
- Church of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)