Abano Terme Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Italy has a host of hot springs, many used as natural thermal baths since ancient Roman times. Among these historic spa destinations is the town of Abano Terme, the largest hot spring resort in Europe. Take a relaxing day trip from Venice to visit Abano Terme, set in the Euganean Hills with natural thermal waters as hot as 176°F (80°C).
Escape the crowds and bustle of Venice with a trip to Abano Terme, located about 30 miles (50 kilometers) from Venice. The small town is home to a number of modern wellness spas, each with a natural thermal bath fed by the mineral-rich waters of the area’s underground hot springs. Many spas offer a pools with fountains, waterfalls, and massage jets, as well as therapeutic muds. Spa grounds are furnished with sun beds and winter gardens.
The town’s spas offer full- or half-day entry tickets that includes use of the pools and grounds; massages and other spa treatments can be booked for an extra fee. The larger spas also offer extra amenities such as Turkish baths (steam baths), saunas, mineral water hot tubs, and fitness rooms.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Bring your own swimsuit and towel. Bathrobes and slippers are generally available for rental or purchase. A bathing cap may be required.
- Most spas offer use of changing rooms, storage lockers, and restrooms with entry.
- Children are welcome at most thermal baths in Italy, but you should confirm minimum age requirements in advance.
- Some spas offer services for those with limited mobility, including ramps and lifts to enter and exit the water. Confirm in advance.
How to Get There
Abano Terme is located about 30 miles (50 kilometers) west of Venice, and can be reached by car or train.
When to Get There
The town’s spa resorts are open daily, year-round, but are most crowded on summer weekends. Visit on a weekday for a more relaxing soak.
Montegrotto Thermal Baths
Adjacent Abano Terme, the resort town of Montegrotto Terme also offers numerous spa resorts fed with the same natural spring waters from the Euganean Hills. Like Abano Terme, Montegrotto Terme has been known for its hot springs since Roman times and is a popular destination from Venice and Verona.
Address: Abano Terme, Province of Padua, Veneto, Italy
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Abano Terme
No results found!
Things to do near Veneto
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Bolzano
- Things to do in Mantua
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Tuscany