Valencia Cruise Port
Passengers docking at the Valencia Cruise Port typically head to the city center for guided small-group and private tours of its principal attractions. Don’t miss the City of Arts and Sciences—which includes an aquarium, science museum, and art museum—or the many museums and churches of the old town.
Alternatively, laze on the golden sands of Valencia’s beaches—the closest, Malvarrosa, is within walking or biking distance of the cruise port. Other shore excursion options include a tour of the famous Lladro porcelain factory or a boat ride through the scenic lagoon of Albufera Natural Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
Valencia Cruise Port terminal offers ATMs, restrooms, free Wi-Fi, shops, restaurants, and numerous transport links.
Pick up a VLC Cruise Card and enjoy reduced-fare shuttle bus transportation between the city and port.
A private tour can be a great way to make the most of limited time in this Spanish city.
Shore excursions save the hassle of navigating public transport, as many offer round-trip transportation.
How to Get to Valencia From the Valencia Cruise Port
Cruise ships dock about 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) from the center of Valencia. It’s a walkable distance, but some cruise lines provide shuttles and taxis are readily available to take you to central Valencia. The docks area itself is a lively mix of old and new architecture, restaurants, and bars.
While smaller ships dock near the terminal, larger ones drop anchor farther away, and you'll need to take a shuttle to the terminal. The official languages of Valencia are Valencian, Catalan, and Spanish, although English is likely to be generally understood in tourist areas. The currency in Valencia is the euro, and ATMs are easy to come by throughout the city.
- Things to do in Benidorm
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Almeria
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Costa Blanca
- Things to do in Region of Murcia
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Plaza del Ayuntamiento
- Valencia Old Town
- Valencia Central Market (Mercado Central de Valencia)
- Valencia Bullring (Plaza de Toros)
- Valencia Plaza del Mercado
- Silk Exchange (La Lonja de la Seda)
- Plaza de la Reina
- Admiral’s Baths (Baños Arabes del Almirante)
- Valencia Cathedral (Seu)
- House of San Vicente Ferrer
- Quart Towers (Torres de Quart)
- Serranos Towers (Torres de Serranos)
- Valencia City of the Arts & Sciences (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias)
- Barrio del Carmen
- Museo de Bellas Artes de Valencia (Museum of Fine Arts)