Top Activities on the Ground in Tokyo
- Take an in-depth look at Tokyo history and traditional Japanese culture
- Explore sights such as the famous Tsukiji Fish Market or historic Asakusa
- Get a taste for Japan's incredible culinary delights or its raucous nightlife
- Make your visit to sprawling Tokyo more manageable and personalized
- Experiences typically last between two to four hours, though full-day tours are available
- Private and small-group options are available
62 results | All Tokyo Tours
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour to know a real life of local Tokyo people with their houses, restaurants, temples, shrines, and shops. Yoshimi is an excellent tour guide."
* A traveler said: "It was a great tour that included event more that we anticipated. Lunch was very traditional and we enjoyed scenic views of the lake. going during the COVID-19 outbreak meant that we received even more attention since they were only 10 of us in total."
* A traveler said: "Very personal tour of city by Mami Who has lived in Zealand and Us Personalized suchi meal after touring fish market was a highlight in addition to restart recommendations near our hotel Many cultural aspects of Japanese was a highlight as well"
* A traveler said: "I had an amazing time on this tour! My tour guide was so knowledgeable and fun! I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting a quick overview of the area!"
* A traveler said: "1. Bikes were very good and working order. Mine had disc brakes and was a comfortable ride. 2. Gaku was a such a great guy and an excellent tour guide. 3. Instructions were clear and great. You will have a wonderful time with Gaku. We got to see Mt. Fuji from the lookout. It was a very special moment that I won't forget."
* A traveler said: "The food tour was a fabulous experience. I loved being lead to local, out of the way restaurants. We toasted with and talked to the locals which was such an uplifting experience. Our female guide was so helpful even regarding how to get back to the hotel. The food was delicious"
* A traveler said: "the guide was well informed and spoke very good english. We had a tour of nice shops and businesses with traditions older than 100 years and tasted some really tasty traditional japanese bites, which were included in the ticket price. A friday well spent!"
* A traveler said: "The Tour was excellent. Katsunori Fujiwara, my tour guide was very knowledgeable, informative and enthusiastic. All areas of the City of Tokyo were covered, All questions that were asked were answered. Thank you so much for great day! We would really recommend the walking tour!"
* A traveler said: "This was great fun and a great way to see Tokyo when we first arrived in the city John our guide was really helpful - thanks!"
* A traveler said: "Izumi is the best! She is very sweet and knowledgeable. Took us around to many places in a short amount of time. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "I am so glad I did this tour. It was very informative, I learned a lot about different kinds of Japanese food. I’d like to thank Shaun for his wonderful and professional touring."
* A traveler said: "The tour was a lot of fun. The places we visited were very nice and the dishes and drinks were also very tasty. The tour guide also was able to give good recommendation of which drinks and dishes to try and was able to give a good atmosphere."
* A traveler said: "Andy was an enthusiastic and very knowledgeable local guide . We hiked through local neighborhoods along a route it would be very difficult to describe. The local snacks were interesting and delicious . A great way to experience a little of the real Tokyo!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent fun tour of the real Tokyo. Yoko and her husband were very informative and extremely professional we had a great time. Would recommend this tour to anyone who can ride a bicycle."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour, I could see many spots only locals would know! The guides were so nice as kind, definitely recommended!!"
* A traveler said: "Ichi, our guide was really informative taking us to temples, on the roads, across bridges and through quaint authentic villages. Had a 10 yr old with us who managed to keep up too! Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Great tour with an energetic and knowledgeable couple. They were sensitive and sensible as to our capabilities and also entertaining."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful experience with a very in depth and insightful lecture by teacher! Not only will you actually shoot a kyudo bow in the historical attire but you will learn the reason behind every step of the kyudo shooting process. It is a once in a lifetime experience that I highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Well-paced and well-researched, this tour gave me an experience I wouldn't have been able to produce on my own. I really enjoyed learning about the history of Odaiba and all of its sights. The tour guides, are knowledgeable, personable and fun! 10/10 would recommend."
* A traveler said: "Great experience. Driver was very patient and nice. Would recommend this private tour to friends and family."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hakone Komagatake Ropeway (Komagatake Ropeway Line)
- Toshogu Shrine (Nikko Toshogu)
- Robot Restaurant
- Ameyoko Shopping Street (Ameya-Yokocho)
- Sumida River (Sumida Gawa)
- Kitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)
- Mount Nesugata Observatory
- Tokyo Daijingu Shrine
- Tokyo Midtown
- Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo (MOT)
- Tama Zoological Park
- Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa
- Rikugien Garden
- Seaside Top Observatory
- Tokyo Dome City
- Yurakucho Yakitori Alley
- Shinjuku Park (Shinjuku Gyoen)
- Mt. Takao Cable Car
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Narita
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture