Top Tokyo Outdoor Activities
216 results | All Tokyo Tours
* A traveler said: "It was a great tour that included event more that we anticipated. Lunch was very traditional and we enjoyed scenic views of the lake. going during the COVID-19 outbreak meant that we received even more attention since they were only 10 of us in total."
* A traveler said: "Very informative and engaging especially with the help of our tour guides Thapa and Levin, the 4D experience was a bonus."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour to know a real life of local Tokyo people with their houses, restaurants, temples, shrines, and shops. Yoshimi is an excellent tour guide."
* A traveler said: "Sanae was informative and personable on our tour through the outer market. We ate, drank, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves under her guidance. It was the perfect intro to our stay in Japan. Highly recommend this tour to immerse yourself in the culture and tastes of Japan."
* A traveler said: "If you’re a comfortable runner and want to do something a bit different, this tour is fantastic! Communication from the tour company was great beforehand. We met with Jun and ran a loop taking in Ueno Park, the university area and the outskirts of the Imperial Palace. We had regular stops and Jun pointed out sights of interest. He also took loads of photos and shared them with us after (no extra fee!!). The public bathing experience was completely new to us but don’t be put off if you’re in any way self conscious... it was quite liberating and sooo nice on the legs / body after the run! Plus, it’s normal for the Japanese and they just get on with it! And then dinner... wow!! Jun booked us into a small local Japanese restaurant and joined us for dinner. He ordered and then explained what we were eating and the different Japanese traditions as we ate. The food, especially the smoked and pickled quail eggs, was amazing! We would like to say a huge thank you to Jun for hosting us on this tour. It was far from a standard tourist tour, definitely took us off the beaten track and we were privileged to get a glimpse of local life. ** Please note, we weren’t sure how to play it with our belongings... so, FYI, you start running from the public baths where you are able to change into your running stuff and leave bags etc as that’s where you run back to!"
* A traveler said: "This Sumo practice was a highlight of our trip to Tokyo. Our guide Ayaka was lovely, gave us lots of information about the visit before we walked to the stable. We recommend this tour to anyone visiting Tokyo."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide gave us an incredible experience of Tokyo. His knowledge of sites and history were excellent. He was personable and had a great sense of humour. Although not from Japan, he was very proud of his adopted country. If you only had one day in Tokyo, this is the only way to make the most of it. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Thanks to Meg for a wonderful day out in Tokyo. We gave her our itinerary and she worked the timings so that we did everything we wanted and then some. Even managed to fit in a journey on the bullet train......thankfully the day before the typhoon ! Would highly recommend"
* A traveler said: "I am so glad I did this tour. It was very informative, I learned a lot about different kinds of Japanese food. I’d like to thank Shaun for his wonderful and professional touring."
* A traveler said: "The Tour was excellent. Katsunori Fujiwara, my tour guide was very knowledgeable, informative and enthusiastic. All areas of the City of Tokyo were covered, All questions that were asked were answered. Thank you so much for great day! We would really recommend the walking tour!"
* A traveler said: "My guide, Khizar, loved to talk about all aspects of Japan. He was so knowledgable and explained everything to me to put it all into context. The day tour was just right, not so much that it was rushed but enough to move at a gentle pace and take it all in. Mt. Fuji is spectacular and Lake Kawaguchiko is beautiful. The 30 minute cruise on the lake is definitely worth it. The tour was a great way to see the area and Khizar made it easy and efficient. I would recommend him as a tour guide to anyone visiting the Tokyo area."
* A traveler said: "1. Bikes were very good and working order. Mine had disc brakes and was a comfortable ride. 2. Gaku was a such a great guy and an excellent tour guide. 3. Instructions were clear and great. You will have a wonderful time with Gaku. We got to see Mt. Fuji from the lookout. It was a very special moment that I won't forget."
* A traveler said: "The tour was a lot of fun. The places we visited were very nice and the dishes and drinks were also very tasty. The tour guide also was able to give good recommendation of which drinks and dishes to try and was able to give a good atmosphere."
* A traveler said: "Izumi is the best! She is very sweet and knowledgeable. Took us around to many places in a short amount of time. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Very personal tour of city by Mami Who has lived in Zealand and Us Personalized suchi meal after touring fish market was a highlight in addition to restart recommendations near our hotel Many cultural aspects of Japanese was a highlight as well"
* A traveler said: "My guide, Nobuo Kono, made the most of my tour with his excellent knowledge of the cultural and historical significance of the sites we visited. He also made my tour fun and personalized to my interests and my many questions! I feel I gained much insight and the maximum value for my time during my tour, and I thank Kono-san for his enthusiasm, expertise and charm!"
* A traveler said: "I got a wonderful experience in the manufacture of ceramic products on a potter's wheel. The studio has a large staff of experienced teachers (including English speakers) who help at every stage. If you ever wanted to try yourself in pottery, then I definitely recommend going to a lesson in this studio. The location is very convenient."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Yoshino is very good. Knowledgeable, thoughtful and gave us a lot of information about the different local food. She was very patient with all our questions. We highly recommend her as a guide for the Tsukiji market tour. The sushi making class was also very good. The chef was a good teacher and the food was good."
* A traveler said: "The food tour was a fabulous experience. I loved being lead to local, out of the way restaurants. We toasted with and talked to the locals which was such an uplifting experience. Our female guide was so helpful even regarding how to get back to the hotel. The food was delicious"
* A traveler said: "Kento showed us so much of Tokyo in the day we spent with him. He went out of his way to cover everything we asked for, including helping us find some particular Kirby figures that our son collects, and also brought us to a fantastic restaurant for lunch that we wouldn't have found on our own."
* A traveler said: "I had an amazing time on this tour! My tour guide was so knowledgeable and fun! I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting a quick overview of the area!"
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour to indulge your in all of your senses. The experience was memorable and I would do it again. Bucket List *"
* A traveler said: "Daniel was a lovely young man who took great care of us! English was great. Information great. Will be sure To use viator again"
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable, great driver and organised the day and activities around our requests. Highly recommend this tour."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Fun & Games
- In the Air
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Winter Sports
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Japanese Sword Museum (Token Hakubutsukan)
- Tokyo National Museum
- Nakamise Shopping Street
- Mount Nesugata Observatory
- Suntory Hall
- Tokyo Station (Tokyo Eki)
- Tokyo Skytree
- Robot Restaurant
- Toyo Bunko Museum
- Shinjuku Golden Gai
- Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa
- Yasukuni Shrine (Yasukuni Jinja)
- Tokyo One Piece Tower
- Tokyo Midtown
- Chidorigafuchi Moat
- Tokyo SEA LIFE® Park
- Kokugikan Sumo Stadium & Museum
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Narita
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture