Yanaka is one of Tokyo's most charming and traditional districts. The neighborhood is dotted with some 70 temples, which were moved to the area during the Edo era to spare them from frequent fires in the city's more populated parts. Today, the street is home to Yanaka Ginza, a bustling shopping street that runs through its center and that is lined with many of the same butcher shops and produce vendors who operated there decades ago.
Stroll through the neighborhood's backstreets to visit galleries, cafes and craft workshops featuring Japanese pottery, ink prints, textiles, jewelry, and stationery. Tranquil paths wind through the vast Yanaka Cemetery, where sakura trees shade some 7,000 graves, making it a popular spot for a quiet walk and a great location to view cherry blossoms in spring.
Tours and tickets to Experience Yanaka
Should I book Yanaka tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Yanaka 2021?
What's the best way to experience Yanaka?
- Let's experience calligraphy in YANAKA / Taito-ku / TOKYO !!
- MATCHA Tea ceremony in YANAKA / Taito-ku / TOKYO Local.
- Walking Tour in YANAKA - Relaxing and Culture Experience
- Tokyo highlights, Asakusa, Ueno, Yanaka & Nippori Fabric town
Things to do near Tokyo
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture