Trotternish Ridge Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Trotternish Ridge is a large wilderness area on the Isle of Skye in northern Scotland. It is a 20 mile walking trail and has some of the most spectacular scenery in Scotland. Though most of the summits aren't very high, it is a challenging walk with many ascents and descents. There isn't a distinct path in most places, but firm grassy areas will keep you on track. Due to the length of the walk, many people break up the hike into two days and camp on the ridge.
Walking Trotternish Ridge is a constant up and down as you make your way through the many peaks. The highest point of the ridge is Storr at 2,359 feet high. It is one of the most photographed parts of the region, though the entire ridge walk provides stunning views. The ridge is best hiked in good weather since poor conditions can make it difficult to see the edge of the cliffs.
Trotternish Ridge is located on the outskirts of Portree.
Address: Trotternish Ridge, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Trotternish Ridge
No results found!
Things to do near The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in South East England