Top Tasmania Historical Tours
42 results | All Tasmania Tours
* A traveler said: "An important part in Australian History, The Port Arthur tour is a must for any Hobart visit. Our driver, Mark, is helpful and very knowledgeable - a great asset. His level of insight really helps draw a picture of the life in those times. The added stops were also amazing to see. I strongly suggest booking one of these tours."
* A traveler said: "An excellent way to get around Hobart and to see all the sights. We hopped off for lunch at the Cascade Brewery one day and at the Royal Botanical Gardens the next. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. We would highly recommend this experience to others."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day with Gareth. Apart from the Bonorong sanctuary, Richmond and Mt Wellington visits, he added a stop at a winery and a whiskey distillery after I mentioned being keen of those places. Highly recommended!"
* A traveler said: "The cliff top walk was amazing!! Jaw dropping views and serene nature, port Arthur was fantastic, such history! The amazing stops on the way were incredible, the guide were fantastic too"
* A traveler said: "A great experience from booking to end of tour. The staff went. Out of their way to advise on difficult access, to organise close pickups and the tour guide/driver was helpful, informed commentary, and pleasant Most enjoyable and adaptable when snow blocked our way. We especially enjoyed the drive around the narrow streets of Hobart and the informed stories of the past."
* A traveler said: "Simply a must for any Hobart holiday. The driver is informative and can manage Bus 203 pretty well in the high winds."
* A traveler said: "Very much enjoyed by all. Jarrod was very informative and friendly guide. We would recommend to friends and family. Rainforest and views from Mt Wellington the highlights and interesting information along the way!!"
* A traveler said: "Was a great experience! The stops we had were so beautiful, Richmond is great and every lookout, about the prison, it's ok but no much to see as it was destroy by fire. But something very important that made a difference was the tour guide Mark, very funny and full of knowledge!"
* A traveler said: "A fun trip filled with local knowledge, humor, great food and drinks along the way. Its great to just sit back and take it all in."
* A traveler said: "Was an enjoyable cruise with lots of history and information shared. The Captain was very knowledgeable and informative. The included lunch was lovely"
* A traveler said: "Absolutely one of the best experiences we have been on. A great team, professional communication and overall a fantastic day! Thank you. Photos wouldn’t load sorry."
* A traveler said: "The Ferry ride was lovely & relaxing, Mona was incredible, staff all around are so helpful and friendly and the food amazing"
* A traveler said: "we went there for the first time and it was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. The food onboard was great and lot of it to eat. The cabin crew was polite and the Captain on bridge was very knowledgably briefed in a lovely manner."
* A traveler said: "AMAZING experience tbe captain is a wealth of knowledge and kept us so entertained really light hearted and out young girl in gold serving was so Sweet. Wouldbhighly recommend and recommend the Gold upgrade well worth the view 😊"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour and tour company. Caitlin's customer service was absolutely amazing from the time she picked me up from Hobart to dropping me off to the hotel. Michael our driver was extremely knowledgeable about the coast line. We saw so much wild life such as seals, dolphins, birds, wombats, pademelons, wallabys and kangaroos."
* A traveler said: "Thanks for a great tour. Phil was a great guide. We learnt a lot about the beautiful city of Hobart. He presented everything in an interesting way & it was great to be chauffeured around. Stress free :)"
* A traveler said: "Deb our guide was brilliant. Her knowledge on Hobart was fantastic. I will be recommending this tour to all of our friends."
* A traveler said: "Wee had a very knowledgeable guide. Thae walking experience was great. The simple lunch in the hut brought back memories from mountain hikes in my childhood. Finally having the privilege of walking through a time capsule of plants and learning that these plants go back millions of years was amazing. The other stops showed another side of Tassie"
* A traveler said: "Amazing experience, Pete the tour guide was brilliant and very knowledgeable. Definitely need two days to see everything with time."
* A traveler said: "Phil the coach driver regaled us with many aspects of life, history and nature, on the journey to Port Arthur. The guides provided certainly brought the lives and outcomes of individuals, and general population at such a harsh and isolated location. The tour was well organised, clear communication allowed for participants to explore independently or follow guided walks. The Isle of the Dead was enlightening and informative, whilst respecting the dignity of those individuals interred there. The trip to Tasman Arch on return was terrific too. An amazing day, did not disappoint."
* A traveler said: "Was a great tour to Richmond, very informative guide, delicious Tasmanian scallop pies at the bakery"
* A traveler said: "Out guide was very knowledgeable and had nice stories about the buildings. We had a lovely time with our guide."
* A traveler said: "Loved the cliff walk. Learning the history of Port Arthur and the convicts was so interesting. The boat trip topped it all off."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful day visiting Port Arthur . Weather was perfect . Loved Richmond . Will visit again."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Richmond Gaol
- Cascades Female Factory Historic Site
- Lake St. Clair
- Parliament House
- Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (QVMAG)
- Ben Lomond National Park
- Huon Valley
- Launceston City Park
- Hobart Sandy Bay
- Bass & Flinders Centre
- Macquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port)
- Low Head Pilot Station Maritime Museum
- Bruny Island Berry Farm
- Hobart Runnymede
- Macquarie Island
- Mawson's Hut Replica Museum
- Wing's Wildlife Park
- Tahune Forest AirWalk
- Josef Chromy Wines
- Don River Railway
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Western Australia
- Things to do in Bali