Top Sydney Kid-Friendly
Read MoreShow Less
Australia’s largest city is full of famous landmarks, natural wonders, and vibrant neighborhoods, but keeping the kids entertained while sightseeing requires some advance planning. Here are some exciting activities the whole family will love.
- Spot adorable Aussie animals, including kangaroos, koalas, and wallabies, at Taronga Zoo or Wild Life Sydney Zoo.
- Experience the marvels of the Great Barrier Reef in the heart of the city with a visit to the SEA LIE Sydney Aquarium.
- Brave the daring Skywalk at the Sydney Tower Eye (children must be 8 years or older) to enjoy stunning views of the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and the Blue Mountains.
- Add a fun twist to sightseeing on a Sydney Harbour cruise, passing sights such as The Rocks, Darling Harbour, and Luna Park, or set sail for the open seas on a whale-watching cruise.
- Pose for photos with Aussie icons such as Ned Kelly, Hugh Jackman, Chris Hemsworth, and Kylie Minogue at Madame Tussauds Sydney.
- Enjoy swimming, snorkeling, surfing, and watersports at Manly or Bondi Beach, or just grab an ice cream and stroll along the coast.
9 Sydney Kid-Friendly | All Sydney Tours
Be amazed and take a journey of discovery through SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium’s themed zones including the Penguin Expedition. Experience the sub-Antarctic during and interactive exhibit to meet spectacular King and Gentoo penguins. Meet face-to-fin with over 13,000 animals from 700 different species including majestic dugongs, grey nurse sharks, jellyfish, and an array of tropical fish!
Available from Oct 27
Enjoy a fun-filled family day out at the Featherdale Wildlife Park near Sydney, and see some of Australia’s most iconic native animals. Learn more about endangered species like Tasmanian devils; spot adorable koalas, wallabies and wombats; or brave a peek at dingoes, deadly snakes and crocodiles. That’s not all: Make the most of the varied keeper talks, watch feeding demonstrations, and enjoy hand-feeding kangaroos and emus under supervision. You also have the option to experience a up close and personal Koala Encounter!!
WILD LIFE Sydney hosts the largest variety of Australian animals under one roof, offering an authentic Australian wildlife experience in the heart of Sydney's Darling Harbour. See iconic wildlife including kangaroos, koalas, butterflies, birds, and one of the largest crocodiles in captivity in the world. Upgrade for a guided tour that includes a hot breakfast, supervised koala talk and photo souvenir.
Available from Apr 24
Take in panoramic views of top Sydney landmarks as you cruise through Sydney Harbour en route to Taronga Zoo. Your package includes round-trip cruise from Circular Quay to the zoo, and a ride on the Sky Safari Gondola, which whisks you uphill from the boat dock to the main entrance of Taronga Zoo. From the gondola, get an early peek at some of the zoo's inhabitants, such as giraffes, big apes, and native animals like kangaroos and koalas.
Available from Oct 31
VR Corner is Sydney's first Multiplayer virtual reality Cafe that based in Central of Sydney CBD (5 mins walk from Central Station).
Taking safety measures
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Make the most of your time in Sydney with a ticket to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium that allows you to skip long lines. Centrally located in Darling Harbour, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in the world, featuring more than 13,000 aquatic animals in the aquarium, including stingrays, sharks, dugongs, little penguins, and species from the Great Barrier Reef. Upgrade to enjoy great savings when combining this admission with tickets to WILD LIFE Sydney and Madame Tussauds. It’s a great shore excursion for kids and adults.
Located on shoreline of Sydney Harbour, Sydney Taronga Zoo is home to thousands of fascinating animals, including Australian natives such as the koala, kangaroo, and platypus. With your admission ticket, you gain entrance to the zoo along with the Sky Safari cable car, which gives you the chance to look down into the animal enclosures and enjoy sweeping views of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the city skyline. Check the schedule for daily keeper presentations, or book an animal encounter or guided tour (own expense) for a more in-depth experience.
Enjoy an in-depth experience of Sydney Taronga Zoo on a guided tour with a zoo guide who introduces you to Australian native animals including koalas and kangaroos. Go behind the scenes with the zoo guide to meet the zoo’s hand-raised native animals and have your photo taken with some furry friends. Learn more than you could on your own and gain access to areas that are normally off-limits to the public. This small-group tour is limited to six people and includes admission tickets to Taronga Zoo including Sky Safari.
Enjoy an insider’s view of Taronga Zoo, a top attraction located on scenic Sydney Harbour. A zoo keeper gives you exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the animals and other amazing experiences that you won't get with regular admission. This small-group tour has a limit of eight participants, ensuring that you receive a personalized 2-hour experience with ample time to mingle with the kangaroos, take photos with koalas and wombats, and have close encounters with a variety of other Australian wildlife.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kid-Friendly in Sydney?
What tours in Sydney are taking additional safety precautions?
These Sydney experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium Entrance Ticket
- WILD LIFE Sydney Entrance Ticket
- Sydney Harbour Ferry with Taronga Zoo Entry Ticket
- Virtual Reality Experience
- Sydney Shore Excursion: SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium Entrance Ticket
What tours in Sydney are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Sydney may have limited interaction with crowds:
See all tours in Sydney on Viator.
See all tours in Sydney on Viator.
- Hawkesbury River
- Woolloomooloo Wharf
- Chinese Garden of Friendship
- Shark Island
- Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT)
- The Rocks
- Palm Beach
- Observatory Park
- Tall Ship James Craig
- Shelly Beach
- Nielsen Park
- Bondi to Coogee Beach Coastal Walk
- St. Mary's Cathedral
- Tobruk Sheep Station
- Sydney Town Hall
- Darling Harbour
- Sydney Observatory
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum
- Watsons Bay
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania