Queen Victoria Building (QVB) Tours
Sumptuously decorated and timelessly elegant, central Sydney’s Queen Victoria Building is an unforgettable shopping destination. Built in High Victorian Romanesque style in 1898, and now meticulously restored, it stands on the site of the original Sydney markets.
The QVB's soaring central dome boasts translucent stained-glass clad in copper on the outside, and the shopping area takes up several balconied floors linked by grand staircases. Tiled floors, pillars, colonnades, balustrades, and arches. Chiming clocks and interesting historical displays complete the QVB’s flamboyant decor.
Originally the shops included tailors and florists; today there’s a wide range of specialist stores, from stationers to couturiers, cafes and coffee shops.
Sydney’s grandest shopping mall, the Queen Victoria Building takes up an entire city block, bound by George, Market, York and Druitt streets.
Town Hall Station is adjacent to the QVB on George Street, just over Druitt St. You can walk here from Circular Quay in around 10 minutes – just head south down George St.
6 Tours and Activities to Experience Queen Victoria Building (QVB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sydney Complete Walking Tour
- The QVB Progressive Dinner
- QVB 3-Course Dining Menu At Esquire Sydney
- Private Tour of Sydney
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Surfers Paradise
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania