Oldest Wooden School House
St. Augustine is a city rich in American history and the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse is the ideal place for travelers and families to take a step back in time. According to locals, this small structure made of wooden slats with an American flag waving high nearby is the oldest of its kind in the U.S. The building is made of aging bald cypress and red cedar and is chained to the ground to protect it from hurricanes.
Visitors can take a self-guided tour of this unique attraction every day, and listen in as a robotic professor and student share historical information, stories and little known facts. In addition to the school house, travelers will see well-kept gardens, a traditional outhouse and an historic kitchen.
Tours and tickets to Experience Oldest Wooden School House
What are Oldest Wooden School House hours of operation?
Should I book Oldest Wooden School House tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Oldest Wooden School House 2021?
What's the best way to experience Oldest Wooden School House?
- Walking Ghost Tour of St Augustine
- St. Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
- 10:30 pm Shadows of the Supernatural Tour
- Saint Augustine Day Trip from Orlando
Things to do near St Augustine
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in South Carolina