Top Southwest China How to Get Around
495 results | All Southwest China Tours
* A traveler said: "As a foodie from Northern California, this tour is a great introduction to the cuisine of Chengdu. It has demystified all that we see on the streets and restaurants. Olivia chose a great representation of Sichuan cuisine. I can’t imagine a more qualified guide than her!!!"
* A traveler said: "We joined Lance, our chinese guide, and three others to tour a local market and attend the cooking class. It was a great experience- learned a lot about Chinese ingredients and got to taste local spring rolls, rice wine and such. Then cooked some very spicy and tasty Sichuan food! Highly recommend"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Heather was awesome! She knew the park very well and made sure we had the best experience possible. Transportation direct from our hotel was perfect. The Center is very nice, not like other zoos I've been to. It was very clean and beautifully designed. I would definitely book this and other tours again with Viator!"
* A traveler said: "Had an awesome volunteer experience with the Giant Pandas from breaking bamboos, creating Panda cakes, sweeping the cages, and ultimately feeding and engaging with the Pandas. Amazing experience that I highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Lance, our guide, was enthusiastic, knowledgeable and, focussed on our enjoyment. The tour was relaxed; the food selections were very good; the vendors selected were really good … and … we were absolutely full by the end of the tour. Says it all really … Recommended!"
* A traveler said: "Lily from West China Go went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! This tour included the driver service from my hotel and Lily helped me book my volunteering and photo spots so everything went smoothly! I plan to go back to Chengdu and will surely book this experience again!"
* A traveler said: "What an amazing tour! Everything was super well organized and I really loved every minute of it. Taking the train is definitely the way to go as we didn’t have to deal with traffic despite the fact that it was a holiday."
* A traveler said: "Would rate it 6 stars if possible. An amazing experience and one that shouldn't be missed. It isn't some lame just stand around and do nothing experience. You actively participate and it is fulfilling in many ways. This was the best thing my wife and I experienced during our visit."
* A traveler said: "Helped to clean up a panda's living quarters, broke up bamboos to feed the panda, and actually stood right across and fed a panda. This was so much fun and exciting. The tour guide Diana took .any pictures and videos for us for remembrance."
* A traveler said: "Lucy was wonderful.. Very accommodating and able to adjust tour to my pace (pretty quick!) We experienced a local lunch and even allowed me to visit a teahouse at my request. Highly recommend this!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Worley was great. She adapted the tour to meet our needs and wants. We never felt rushed or spent too long anywhere. The Panda Breeding Center was sooo much more than I could imagine, and it does my heart well to know that the Great Panda is recovering in the wild because of this program. Kudos to China! Great day tour with seeing sights that interested us, maybe not what others would want. That's because of a great tour guide."
* A traveler said: "Martin is great! And he is very knowledgeable about each sight we have visited . I highly recommend him to anyone and wish him the best in this business. A reall professional!"
* A traveler said: "This tour was amazing. The tour guide spoke very good English and was very knowledgeable. The best part was going to tea plantation, learning about tea and drinking it. A very enjoyable day."
* A traveler said: "We had a great time with Teresa. We REALLY enjoyed the wet market, and she was super patient and helpful. We learned some great cooking techniques too. Highly recommend her."
* A traveler said: "The tour was good. Our tour guide, Ivy Wang did a wonderful job. She took care of us the whole trip and accommodated to our needs during the entire trip. We will definitely recommend her."
* A traveler said: "Great Tour by Susan! Seamless entry to the Panda Research base, wonderful hot pot meal, very helpful pointing out details of the wide and narrow alleys and helping locate specific souvenirs and gifts, awesome seats to the opera. Made for a wonderful way to see all of Chengdu in a day!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour - we started at emporers temple and then the irrigation system -it was both beautiful and informative! Qingcheng mountain was just a lovely visit. So much history , so much lore , so much beauty! We hiked , we had a cable car ride , we boated across a lake - just a great tour!,"
All Inclusive Private Day Trip to Chengdu Giant Panda Base and Leshan Giant Buddha Trip by High-Speed Train
* A traveler said: "My wife, myself and our 2 year old son had a fantastic experience visiting the panda base and the Leshan Buddha. Our guide Ivy was very knowledgeable and always ready to help, which just contributed to make that an unforgettable day. We highly recommend Ivy and this tour."
* A traveler said: "This is a great way to see a city as big as Chengdu! The guide was great and the day is completely customizable."
* A traveler said: "This Foodie Adventure in Chengdu was the highlight of our trip to the city. My girlfriend and I were joined by another couple and 2 tour guides. We were taken by Tuk Tuk to lots of different places to sample the foods of Chengdu. Everyone was friendly and fun. By the time we got to the last few restaurants our stomachs were so full we couldn't eat any more. I wished we had paced ourselves a little better in the beginning but everything was so tasty!"
* A traveler said: "Lily was my private tour guide. I cannot say enough good things about her. Reasonably fluent in English, Lily took care of my needs, was flexible in our itineraries, and making sure I had a wonderful time. She was punctual meeting me at the hotel. Throughout the trip, she would teach and inform me about local Chinese culture. The highlight of my trip was being at the summit of Emei, with a breathtaking view overlooking the mountains amidst crisp air. It was a breath of fresh air after we had hiked for more than 30 mins on a snowy day, after getting out of the cable car. Luckily it wasn't cloudy, making the view all the more spectacular. Even if you are not a Buddhist, you can still admire and marvel at the statue and monastery atop the mountion, 3,000 ft above sea level. |Travelling by speed train was comfortable and fast. |A 3 -4 star hotel, the accomodation that night was fantastic and quiet, only 200 meters from Baoguo temple. |The next day she took me to Leshan giant Buddha, followed by a nice lunch by the river and some hiking, before the driver picked us up to the speed train station, back to Chengdu.|In the city of Leshan, such a surprise it was I got to paint Chinese calligraphy in addition to strolling around that city in a sunny afternoon. Yes, you are paying extra for the private tour, which is worth every penny! I've always opted for quality over quantity. In summary, here is what you'll get using Lily's service:|1. A new friend to accompany you who is knowledgeable in her field|2. A customizable trip |3. Someone who genuinely cares about your total experience during the trip"
* A traveler said: "Well done. Arrived on time. Clean car. Good driver. Spoke good English. Very aware of how to show the best of the location. We had a great day!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Chengdu Evening Food Tour by Tuk-Tuk
- Half-Day Chengdu Courtyard Cooking Class with Local Spice Market Visit
- Private Half-Day Chengdu Panda Breeding Center Tour with Optional Volunteer
- Visiting Dujiangyan Wolong Panda Base Optional Volunteering
- Private Hotpot Dinner Experiences with Face Changing Show in the Theatre
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Air Tours
- Bike Rentals
- Bike Tours
- Bus Tours
- Cable Car Tours
- Car Tours
- Classic Car Tours
- Luxury Car Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Public Transportation Tours
- Rail Tours
- Self-guided Tours & Rentals
- Trolley Tours
- Tuk Tuk Tours
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Things to do in Chengdu
- Things to do in Kunming
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Lijiang
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Shangri-La
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Changsha
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Zhangjiajie
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Tibet