Delft Vermeer Centre (Vermeer Centrum) Tours and Activities
Relishing in the glorious history of Dutch painting, Delft Vermeer Centre (Vermeer Centrum) celebrates the legacy of Johannes Vermeer, the famous painter who once called Delft home. In the Netherland’s Golden Age, Vermeer flourished as one of the most successful and highly regarded Dutch painters. His ‘Girl With the Pearl Earring’ painting has become one of the most recognizable in the world.
The museum expertly tells the story of his life and his works, while also highlighting the technique of other painters of the time. There are even pieces of his equipment and supplies that lend a glimpse into his artistic process.
The center is designed to show Delft as Veneer once saw it, allowing for a journey back to 17th century Holland and into his world of light and color. It teaches of his upbringing, mentors, and the influences that shaped him an his work. Visitors also have the opportunity to visit his studio and, using the camera obscura, play with light, composition, and perspective just as he once did.
Tours and Activities to Experience Delft Vermeer Centre (Vermeer Centrum)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Guided Horse Tram or Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour through Historic Delft
- Guided Tour to Rotterdam, Delft & The Hague from Amsterdam incl. Canal Cruise
- Grand Holland Private Tour
- Go cycling through Delft! Culturally relaxed with a professional guide!
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Île-de-France