Located just west of London, Windsor is one of England's most popular towns to visit. It is most known for the famous Windsor Castle which is a huge castle built during the time of William the Conqueror. It is also the oldest castle in continuous occupation in the world. Visitors can explore the castle with a tour or an audio guide in order to learn about the castle's fascinating history. Another big draw is the traditional changing of the guard, so plan your visit accordingly.
Aside from the castle, Windsor boasts the Windsor Great Park, one of the country's best green spaces, as well as the Savill Garden, which covers 35 acres of manicured lawns and flowerbeds. You can also take a ride on a riverboat along the River Thames to view the town from the water. There are dozens of restaurants, pubs, and bars in town, and you can take in a show at the Theatre Royal Windsor. If you're traveling with children, consider a trip to the Legoland Windsor Resort.
Windsor Tours and Activities
Should I book Windsor tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Windsor 2021?
What's the best way to experience Windsor?
- Windsor Independent Day Trip from London with Private Driver
- London Windsor Tour with a Local: Private & 100% Personalized
- Windsor Duck Tour: Bus and Boat Ride
- Winsor & Hampton Court Tour - Full Day
Things to do near South East England
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Île-de-France