With its imposing stone brick towers, double moat and elaborately sculpted greenery, there’s no doubt that Hever Castle is a home fit for royalty, or at least future royalty. The castle’s most famous former resident was Anne Boleyn, arguably the most notorious of all King Henry VIII’s wives, and the future queen was born and raised on the magnificent estate.
Today, the remarkably restored 13th-century castle is a popular tourist attraction, with the grand paneled rooms decorated with antique furnishings, dazzling tapestries and a fine collection of Tudor portraits. Highlights include two of Anne Boleyn’s own books, an exhibition of her life at the castle and an impressive selection of armoury and weapons. The 125-acre Castle Gardens are also a big draw, including a formal Italian garden, an English Rose Garden, an enormous boating lake, tree and water mazes, an adventure playground and the tree-lined Anne Boleyn Walk.
Hever Castle Tours
What are Hever Castle hours of operation?
Should I book Hever Castle tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Hever Castle 2021?
What's the best way to experience Hever Castle?
- Private Day Tour to Historic Hever Castle from London
- Kent Heritage Helicopter Tour
- A Private Tour To The Home Of Anne Boleyn- Hever Castle and Gardens
- Full-Day Tudor Tour to Hampton Court Palace and Hever Castle from London
Things to do near South East England
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Île-de-France