With many restaurants temporarily closed, now’s the time to test your home cooking skills. A Singapore food tour company owner takes you on a journey through global cuisines with recipes for Thai coconut soup, Indian masala dosa, sabbath-inspired challah bread, and more. Join her in the kitchen.
459 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, 639934
Visitors to Tiger Brewery can take a 45-minute behind-the-scenes tour of the facility to see how the factory transforms four basic ingredients into beer. Get a glimpse at the automated systems that mill, mash, boil, ferment, and filter the beer in the brewhouse before sending it to the packaging gallery for bottling. The ticket cost includes a beer appreciation session with samples of freshly tapped Tiger beer and a range of other beers brewed on the grounds. If tours are full, visitors can still head to the Tiger Tavern, where an entrance ticket includes the first class of beer.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Children are welcome on the tour, but guests must be 18 years of age to sample.
- Remember to bring a photo ID for age verification if you plan to imbibe.
- Tours are in English, but scripts can be downloaded in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese ahead of a visit.
How to Get There
To get to the Tiger Brewery, take the Singapore MRT to Joo Koon Station, then transfer to bus 182/182M. From there it’s a 15-minute ride to the brewery. Limited parking is available on a first come, first serve basis.
When to Get There
Tours of Tiger Brewery are offered hourly throughout the afternoon from Tuesday to Sunday. Participants should arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in.
What’s Nearby The Tiger Brewery is west of central Singapore. While there’s not much within walking distance, visitors will find several attractions worth visiting on the way there or back, including the kid-friendly Singapore Discovery Centre, outdoor Jurong Bird Park, and the Chinese Heritage Centre.
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast