Malay Heritage Centre
Not just for history and culture buffs, the Malay Heritage Centre is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in learning about the rich heritage of Singapore’s Malay community. Set in a grand former royal palace, you’ll see galleries focused on the history of Kampong Gelam, along with an interesting collection of artefacts from the National Collection and the wider Malay community.
Built 160 years ago, the former Istana Kampong Glam was once the royal seat of the Malay sultans in Singapore. Beautifully restored to its former glory, the Malay Heritage Centre sits within well-preserved grounds that can be explored as part of a Kampong Glam and Sultan Mosque walking tour.
Tours and tickets to Experience Malay Heritage Centre
What are Malay Heritage Centre hours of operation?
Should I book Malay Heritage Centre tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Malay Heritage Centre 2021?
What's the best way to experience Malay Heritage Centre?
- Private Singapore City Highlights Tour By Car - Half Day or Full Day
- Go Singapore All-Inclusive City Pass with 35+ Attractions
- Half Day or Full Day Private Custom Walking Tour of Singapore
- Small-Group Singapore Highlights Bike Tour
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam