Things to Do in Shanghai This Fall
Visit Shanghai in the fall and you will find weather that’s largely dry, with cooler temperatures. The summer crowds are gone, the leaves are changing, and there are a number of cultural events and festivals to explore. Here are some ideas on how to make the most of the city this season.
- Try favorite local dishes, such as soup dumplings ( xiao long bao ) and hairy crabs (at peak season), on a walking food tour.
- Walk along the Bund waterfront area, then see a different perspective while on a Huangpu River cruise.
- Visit some of Shanghai’s more than 200 museums.
- Enjoy unobstructed panoramic views from the outdoor Skywalk at Jin Mao Tower.
- Travel along the tree-lined avenues of the French Concession or the narrow lanes of Old Town on a walking or bike tour.
- Relax with locals and admire the fall colors at one of the many city parks, such as People’s Park, Fuxing Park, or Century Park.
- Browse for gifts and artwork at the city’s fall art festivals, the trendy and artsy Tianzifang area, or M50 Creative Park.
- Experience theme park thrills at Shanghai Disneyland®, or at another local theme park, such as Jinjiang Action Park.