Seville Opera (Sevilla de Opera)
Visit Seville Opera to see a show featuring pieces from several operas, all performed in a small theater where performers walk among the audience. Opt for a dinner-theater experience and enjoy a meal of Andalusian dishes like cured ham and traditional tapas. To secure seats, pre-book admission. The venue is located in the Arenal Market (Mercado del Arenal), so arrive early to explore this bustling marketplace full of cafés and food vendors.
Things to Know Before You Go
Music enthusiasts and visitors looking for a romantic night will enjoy this intimate performance.
Shows last about 2.5 hours, and one drink is included with each ticket.
Children under 12 may see the show for free (accompanied by an adult); these tickets do not include food or drink.
How to Get There
Find Seville Opera inside the Arenal Market, at Calle Pastor y Landero 8. Several bus lines stop at Paseo Cristóbal Colón, nearby. Alternatively, book a hop-on hop-off bus tour of the city and use it to reach the venue; most stop nearby.
When to Get There
Shows at Seville Opera take place every evening, and start times vary seasonally. Plan to arrive early to check in, find your seats, and enjoy your complimentary drink. The venue is busiest on weekends; tickets are easiest to secure during the winter months, when the city sees fewer visitors.
Art at the Hospital de los Venerables
About a 15-minute walk from Seville Opera, you’ll find one of Seville’s hidden gems: the Hospital de los Venerables. This carefully restored 17th century building and museum is home to a renowned collection of works from the Spanish Golden Age, including paintings by Diego Velázquez. The museum is only open a few hours a day, Thursday through Sunday, so plan ahead to see the art and architure at this standout spot.
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Cádiz
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in The Algarve
- Seville Bullring (Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza de Cabellería de Sevilla)
- Triana Bridge (Puente de Isabel II)
- El Arenal District
- Inquisition Museum (Museo Del Castillo De San Jorge)
- Seville Cathedral (Catedral de Santa María de la Sede)
- Seville Church of Santa Ana (Iglesia de Santa Ana)
- Museum of Fine Arts of Seville (Museo de Bellas Artes)
- General Archive of the Indies (Archivo General de Indias)
- Torre del Oro
- The Giralda (El Giraldillo)
- Church of the Divine Savior (Iglesia del Salvador)
- Baraka Sala Flamenca
- Barrio Santa Cruz
- Historic Center of Seville (Centro Historico de Sevilla)