Isa Bey Mosque (Isa Bey Camii)
Isa Bey Mosque (İsa Bey Camii) was built in 1375 near the ancient city of Ephesus in what is today Selçuk, Turkey. Parts of the mosque were built using stones and columns from the ruins of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis. It was designed asymmetrically instead of a more traditional symmetric layout and includes a large courtyard. The mosque uses a Selcuk style of architecture rather than the Ottoman style that was used more often in later years.
Visitors can admire the facade on the western side which is covered in marble and carved with geometric designs and calligraphy inscriptions. You can all see the brick minaret that has survived over the centuries on the north side of the mosque and two domes in the center. The mosque sits below the citadel near the Basilica of St. John. From the mosque, you can look up at the impressive ruins of the citadel and the basilica. The view from the hill where the basilica sits gives an impressive perspective of the mosque as well.
Isa Bey Mosque (Isa Bey Camii) Tours and Activities - page 2
Should I book Isa Bey Mosque (Isa Bey Camii) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Isa Bey Mosque (Isa Bey Camii) 2021?
What's the best way to experience Isa Bey Mosque (Isa Bey Camii)?
- Travel to Cappadocia Ephesus Including Horseback Ride, and Balloon Ride Option
- 3 Day Ephesus & Cappadocia Travel from Istanbul, Turkey
- 4 Days Cappadocia & Ephesus Trip Including ATV Quad Safari & Horseback Ride
- Aegean Escape : 2 Days Travel to Ephesus & Pamukkale - Including Flight Tickets
Things to do near Selçuk
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Muğla
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Fethiye
- Things to do in Ios
- Things to do in Kemer
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Western Anatolia