Halloren Chocolate Factory (Halloren Schokoladenmuseum) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
With a history dating back to 1804, the Halloren Chocolate Factory (Halloren Schokoladenmuseum) is the oldest in Germany and famous for its Halloren-Kugeln (chocolate balls). Today, it’s also a popular tourist attraction, offering chocolate tastings, interactive exhibits, and chocolate-making displays.
Visitors can explore the Halloren Chocolate Museum on a self-guided tour and learn about the chocolate-making process. Highlights include a behind-the-scenes look at the chocolate factory and an exhibition on the history of chocolate, a Room of Chocolate filled with giant chocolate sculptures, and plenty of chocolate samples.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Museum exhibits are available in both English and German.
- Entrance tickets include several chocolate samples.
- On-site facilities include a café and a shop where you can buy Halloren chocolates and gifts.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Halloren Chocolate Factory is located in Halle (Saale), about 10 minutes east of the Old Town. The closest tram station is Fiete-Schulze-Straße (Line 7).
When to Get There
The museum is open daily, year-round, but the most festive time to visit is at Christmastime, when the museum shop and café are full of holiday-themed chocolates.
Halloren’s most renowned chocolates are Halloren-Kugeln: ball-shaped chocolates with various fillings. Named after Germany’s early salt workers, the Halloren, the balls are shaped like the distinctive round buttons that adorned their traditional uniforms. There’s a huge variety of flavors, including stracciatella, nougat, rum-raisin, chocolate-caramel, and Irish cream.
Address: Delitzscher Str. 70, 06112 Halle, Saxony, Germany
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Halloren Chocolate Factory (Halloren Schokoladenmuseum)
No results found!
Things to do near Saxony
- Things to do in Dresden
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Schonefeld
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Rhine River
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Alsace