Sunset Square (Praça Por do Sol) Tours and Activities
Based in the São Paulo neighborhood Vila Madalena, Sunset Square (Praça Por do Sol) is known for its stunning view of the city’s downtown core. Called Praça Por do Sol in Portuguese, the official name of is actually Praça Cel. Custódio Fernandes Pinheiros, though you won’t catch the locals saying that.
Surrounded by streets filled with nightclubs, restaurants, and street art, Vila Madalena is known for its nightlife and as a center for Sao Paulo bohemian art and culture, and Sunset Square is the epicenter of that counter culture. Come on weekends to join the locals who sit, picnic, read, walk, and play music here.
It’s possible to visit any time of night or day, but it’s best to visit Sunset Square just before sunset. With a name like Sunset Square, it’s no surprise that at sundown, up to 2,000 people congregate on the lawn to watch the sun sink behind Sao Paolo’s towering skyscrapers. The park tends to empty out quite quickly, so visitors are cautioned not to linger too long after dark, in spite of security measures.
Tours and Activities to Experience Sunset Square (Praça Por do Sol)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private São Paulo Tour with Ibirapuera Park, Paulista Av and Downtown Visit
- São Paulo Private Full Day City Tour (8h)
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast