Ski Mountain Park
Choose to book a combined pass, which includes free time at most attractions, plus 30 minutes on the ski and snowboard runs—or pay a la carte. Ride the chairlift and enjoy skiing down slopes of either 328 feet (100 meters) or 1,312 feet (400 meters); follow the nature trail through the forest; hit the ice skating rink; or try out the climbing wall, zip line, and archery range. Extras include paintballing and horseback riding.
Things to Know Before You Go
Adult and child tickets are available; children under 4 are free.
Children must be 7 to ski and snowboard and 12 for horseback riding and paintball. Younger kids can try the climbing wall, toboggans, and play areas.
There is a selection of restaurants, snack bars, and kiosks at the park.
Cards are accepted at the ticket office and restaurants, but parking is cash only.
It’s worth bringing a change of clothes if you hit the slopes as they get sprayed with water (and you might too).
How to Get There
The Ski Mountain Park is located three miles (five kilometers) north of São Roque, just off the Castello Branco and Raposo Tavares highways. There is no public transport to the park, but you can take a taxi from town, and some hotels and tours provide shuttle transfers. The park is about 45 miles (70 kilometers) west of Sao Paulo or an about 1.5-hour drive, making it possible to visit on a day trip.
When to Get There
The park is open year-round on weekends and holidays; in peak period (January and July), it’s open Tuesday through Sunday. Opening hours are mid morning to early evening.
Wintry Fun in Brazil
With a tropical climate and year-round sunshine, Brazil isn’t a country associated with winter sports. However, there are a few attractions where you can experience "winter" while the sun shines. Head north to Gramado, where Snowland has indoor ski slopes and snow tubing, and visit nearby Santa's Village to meet the Brazilian Santa and admire the ice sculptures at Captain Frosty World (Parque Tematico Mundo Gelado). If you head to Iguassu Falls, try the sub-zero Icebar Brazil.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Embu das Artes
- Jesuit Sacred Art Museum (Museu de Arte Sacra dos Jesuitas)
- Sunset Square (Praça Por do Sol)
- KidZania Sao Paulo
- Luis Carlos Berrini Avenue (Avenida Berrini)
- Allianz Parque
- Museum of Image and Sound (MIS)
- Itaim Bibi
- Wet 'n’ Wild Water Park
- Latin America Memorial (Memorial da América Latina)
- Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho (Pacaembu Stadium)
- Sao Paulo Football Museum (Museu do Futebol)
- Jardins District
- Hopi Hari
- Hotel Unique