Ski Mountain Park Tours
Read MoreShow Less
There's rarely snow in Brazil, but you can still ski or snowboard the dry slopes at São Roque’s Ski Mountain Park, set in the hills overlooking the wild landscapes of the Atlantic Forest. With two dry slopes made of polyethylene mats, plus an ice skating rink, ropes course, and archery, it’s an ideal destination for a family day out.
Choose to book a combined pass, which includes free time at most attractions, plus 30 minutes on the ski and snowboard runs—or pay a la carte. Ride the chairlift and enjoy skiing down slopes of either 328 feet (100 meters) or 1,312 feet (400 meters); follow the nature trail through the forest; hit the ice skating rink; or try out the climbing wall, zip line, and archery range. Extras include paintballing and horseback riding.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Adult and child tickets are available; children under 4 are free.
- Children must be 7 to ski and snowboard and 12 for horseback riding and paintball. Younger kids can try the climbing wall, toboggans, and play areas.
- There is a selection of restaurants, snack bars, and kiosks at the park.
- Cards are accepted at the ticket office and restaurants, but parking is cash only.
- It’s worth bringing a change of clothes if you hit the slopes as they get sprayed with water (and you might too).
How to Get There
The Ski Mountain Park is located three miles (five kilometers) north of São Roque, just off the Castello Branco and Raposo Tavares highways. There is no public transport to the park, but you can take a taxi from town, and some hotels and tours provide shuttle transfers. The park is about 45 miles (70 kilometers) west of Sao Paulo or an about 1.5-hour drive, making it possible to visit on a day trip.
When to Get There
The park is open year-round on weekends and holidays; in peak period (January and July), it’s open Tuesday through Sunday. Opening hours are mid morning to early evening.
Wintry Fun in Brazil
With a tropical climate and year-round sunshine, Brazil isn’t a country associated with winter sports. However, there are a few attractions where you can experience "winter" while the sun shines. Head north to Gramado, where Snowland has indoor ski slopes and snow tubing, and visit nearby Santa's Village to meet the Brazilian Santa and admire the ice sculptures at Captain Frosty World (Parque Tematico Mundo Gelado). If you head to Iguassu Falls, try the sub-zero Icebar Brazil.
Address: Estr. da Serrinha, 1500 - Cambará, Sao Paulo 18133-310, Brazil
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Ski Mountain Park
No results found!
Things to do near Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Ilha Grande
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Foz do Iguacu
- Things to do in Puerto Iguazu
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina