Serra Negra Cable Car (Teleférico Serra Negra)
The ride to the lookout at the top of Pico de Fonseca takes around 15 minutes. From the foot of the 59-foot (18-meter) statue of Christ the Redeemer—a smaller version of the Rio de Janeiro icon—you can enjoy panoramic views of the city of Serra Negra, as well as the larger surrounding area. At the top you will also find a bar serving beverages and the starting point for several short walking trails.
Things to Know Before You Go
Teleferico Serra Negra is a must for first-time visitors.
The attraction is not wheelchair-accessible.
Children under 8 years old, as long as they’re sitting in the lap of an adult, ride for free.
How to Get There
The starting point of the Teleferico Serra Negra is centrally located in Praça João Pessoa square in Serra Negra, which is within a short walking distance of many major hotels and attractions. The city is a 2.5-hour drive north of São Paulo.
When to Get There
The Teleferico operates every day from morning until early evening. As it’s popular with local families, the busiest times tend to be weekends.
Less than a 10-minute walk from the Teleférico, the light-blue-painted Nossa Senhora do Rosário Church dates from 1903 and houses a selection of religious murals. Also a 10-minute walk away is Disneylândia dos Rôbos, which showcases various gadgets made from recycled materials. Paragliding is a popular activity, with the prime launch spot of Alto da Serra a 15-minute drive east.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) of Serra Negra
- Thermas Hot World
- Municipal Market (Mercado Municipal de Sao Paulo)
- Itatiba Zoo (Zooparque Itatiba)
- Hopi Hari
- Wet 'n’ Wild Water Park
- Walter World
- Cantareira State Park (Parque Estadual da Cantareira)
- Pedra Grande
- Latin America Memorial (Memorial da América Latina)
- Allianz Parque
- Sao Paulo Museum of Sacred Art (Museu de Arte Sacra)
- Art Gallery of the State of Sao Paulo (Pinacoteca do Estado de Sao Paulo)
- Estaçao Pinacoteca (Pina_Estaçao)
- Martinelli Building (Edifício Martinelli)