Sao Paulo Aquarium
Sao Paulo Aquarium focuses on animal welfare and conservation, and a team of wildlife professionals ensure the best possible living conditions of its captive animals. Alongside hundreds of different fish, the aquarium exhibits polar bears, sea lions, and Australian mammals such as koala bears, wallabees, and kangaroos.
During the peak season and summer holidays, lines for the aquarium can get long, so consider booking a skip-the-line admission ticket in advance. To get a different perspective of the marine life, opt for a night tour, during which you’ll explore the aquarium with a flashlight and see nocturnal creatures active in their habitats.
Things to Know Before You Go
A must-visit for families and travelers interested in the ocean and marine life.
Admission to additional aquarium attractions, such as a 7D cinema, must be purchased separately.
A food court serves drinks and hot and cold food.
Uneven surfaces mean that navigating the aquarium is difficult for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Access the Sao Paulo Aquarium by bus, subway, or private transportation. Bus number 5108 stops within 100 feet (300 meters) of the aquarium, while the green subway line transports you to Santos-Imigrantes station, which is about a 10 minutes’ walk from the entrance.
When to Get There
The aquarium is open daily between 9am and 7pm, with last entry at 5pm. Night tours take place after dusk.
Nature and Wildlife in Sao Paulo
Although it’s one of the most densely-populated cities on the planet, Sao Paulo is still a haven for lovers of nature and wildlife. After a visit to the aquarium, admire more animals at Sao Paulo Zoo, home to 3,000 animals and invertebrates, and then wander Jardim Botanico de Sao Paulo to see exotic flora from Brazil and elsewhere in Latin America.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Ibirapuera Park
- Liberdade (Bairro da Liberdade)
- Immigration Museum of the State of São Paulo (Museu da Imigração)
- Sé Cathedral (Catedral da Sé)
- Pateo do Collegio Church
- Paulista Avenue (Avenida Paulista)
- Hotel Unique
- Sao Paulo Museum of Art (MASP)
- Farol Santander (Banespa Tower)
- Monastery of Sao Bento (Mosteiro de Sao Bento)
- Sao Paulo Municipal Theater (Theatro Municipal)
- Italian Building
- Republic Square (Praça da República)
- Jardins District
- Sao Paulo Zoo (Zoológico de Sao Paulo)