Pateo do Collegio Church
This historic church is built on the exact spot where the famed city of Sao Paulo was founded. Constructed in 1554, Pateo do Collegio Chuch once served as a home, school and church for Jesuit priests. Today, the original structure includes a museum, café, library in addition to an operational church.
Visitors can explore the church’s seven halls that showcase sacred artifacts, indigenous art and a model of the city in its earliest state. Travelers should be sure to check out the famed Peace Bell—known by locals as Sino da Paz—which serves as a reminder of the need for peace, justice and empathy in Sao Paulo and across the world.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Pateo do Collegio Church hours of operation?
Should I book Pateo do Collegio Church tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Pateo do Collegio Church 2020?
What's the best way to experience Pateo do Collegio Church?
- Discover Sao Paulo History Guided Tour
- 5-hour Private Tour Of São Paulo With Its Main Sights – Optional Airport Pickup
- 7-hour Private Tour Overview Of São Paulo – Optional For GRU Airport Pickup
- Classic Half-Day Private Tour of São Paulo – Optional Airport Pickup
Things to do near Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Foz do Iguacu
- Things to do in Puerto Iguazu
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Gramado
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina