Itatiba Zoo (Zooparque Itatiba)
Zooparque Itatiba in São Paulo is the largest private zoo in Brazil. More than 1,200 animals of 180 different species live in spacious enclosures designed to recreate their natural habitats. Zooparque Itatiba introduces you to the world’s varied ecosystems and emphasizes the importance of preserving fauna and flora.
Explore the zoo by walking along a 2-mile (3-kilometer) trail that winds through three recreated ecosystems, which include the Atlantic Rainforest, Topical Wetlands, and Amazon Rainforest—tall trees provide welcome shade on hot days. Learn about the characteristics of each ecosystem as you view animals up close. Highlights include tigers, rhino, hippos, elephants, giraffes, and flamingos.
Things to Know Before You Go
Zooparque Itatiba is a must-visit for families and animal lovers.
Save money and time by booking admission tickets in advance.
The zoo is wheelchair accessible but much of the trail features uneven surfaces.
Children under 2 enter for free; children under 12 get half-price admission.
The zoo has a small snack bar and restrooms.
How to Get There
Zooparque Itatiba is in Itatiba in the Municipality of Campinas. From the city of Campinas, it’s a 45-minute drive southeast via Rod. Dom Pedro I. If traveling from the city of São Paulo, the drive north takes around 1 ½ hours. There’s paid parking at the zoo.
When to Get There
Zooparque Itatiba is open every day from morning through early evening, including weekends and holidays. It’s typically at its busiest on summer weekends and during local school holidays, which span December and January.
Cristo Redentor, Vinhedo
Just off the road that leads to Campinas, the statue of Cristo Redentor—a large, though smaller, replica of Rio de Janeiro’s famed monument—is a great spot to stop at. The statue is positioned at the highest point of the city of Vinhedo and offers excellent views of the surrounding area.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Hopi Hari
- Wet 'n’ Wild Water Park
- Municipal Market (Mercado Municipal de Sao Paulo)
- Pedra Grande
- Cantareira State Park (Parque Estadual da Cantareira)
- Serra Negra Cable Car (Teleférico Serra Negra)
- Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) of Serra Negra
- Allianz Parque
- Latin America Memorial (Memorial da América Latina)
- Sao Paulo Museum of Sacred Art (Museu de Arte Sacra)
- Estaçao Pinacoteca (Pina_Estaçao)
- Art Gallery of the State of Sao Paulo (Pinacoteca do Estado de Sao Paulo)
- Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho (Pacaembu Stadium)
- Martinelli Building (Edifício Martinelli)
- Sao Paulo Football Museum (Museu do Futebol)