New developments are always popping up in Itaim Bibi, making it one of Sao Paulo’s hippest neighborhoods. As well as being home to some of the city’s best bars and restaurants, Itaim plays host to the JK Iguatemi shopping mall, which features 180 designer stores, and Eataly food emporium, which specializes in all things Italian. Stroll down Rua Joaquim Floriano, packed with restaurants, clothing boutiques, and late night diners.
Things to Know Before You Go
Itaim Bibi is one of Sao Paulo’s coolest neighborhoods, making it a must-visit for first time visitors.
Most of the restaurants and shops in the neighborhood accept major credit cards.
Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, as the area is best explored on foot.
How to Get There
Line 4 of the Sao Paulo subway runs through the neighborhood. To get there, take the subway to Fradique Coutinho station.
When to Get There
Itaim Bibi is busy during both day and night. Come during daylight hours for retail therapy at the boutiques and shopping centers, or visit in the evening for dinner at one of the many restaurants. The neighborhood also has a few notable nightclubs and late-night eateries for the party crowd.
Neighborhoods of West Sao Paulo
This region of Sao Paulo is one of the most diverse in Brazil. Jardim Paulista, known as Jardins by locals, is home to some of the city’s most expensive housing, as well as upscale shops and restaurants. Morumbi serves as the government seat of the city, while Barra Funda is known as an up-and-coming nightlife hotspot. Pinheiros is Sao Paulo’s artist enclave.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Hotel Unique
- Museum of Image and Sound (MIS)
- Ibirapuera Park
- KidZania Sao Paulo
- Luis Carlos Berrini Avenue (Avenida Berrini)
- Jardins District
- Paulista Avenue (Avenida Paulista)
- Sao Paulo Museum of Art (MASP)
- Sunset Square (Praça Por do Sol)
- Sao Paulo Football Museum (Museu do Futebol)
- Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho (Pacaembu Stadium)
- Liberdade (Bairro da Liberdade)
- Italian Building
- Republic Square (Praça da República)
- Sé Cathedral (Catedral da Sé)