Enchanted Forest Park (Parque da Floresta Encantada)
Set on 3 acres (1.2 hectares) of lush gardens in Campos do Jordão, Enchanted Forest Park is a fantasyland for young children, inspired by classic fairy-tales. Kids explore the gardens, step inside a giant doll-house, visit miniature houses belonging to well-known children's story characters, and let their imaginations run wild.
Children have the run of the park and are free to explore the different fairy-tale houses, interact with the props and furniture, and act out their favorite stories along with costumed actors (weekends only). There are several different houses to discover, including houses for Snow White, a witch, ghost, rabbit, and Santa. Prebook an entrance ticket for ease and full-day unlimited access to the park.
Things to Know Before You Go
The park is best suited for kids under 10; children under 3 are free.
There is an on-site cafe and snack bar.
The park is accessible for wheelchairs and strollers, although access to some houses may be limited.
How to Get There
The Enchanted Forest Park is located around three miles (five kilometers) south of Vila Capivari, about a 15-minute drive along the road to Itapeva mountain. There is no public transport to the park, but you can take a taxi from Vila Capivari. Free parking is available if you drive.
When to Get There
The park is open daily, year-round. The most exciting time to visit the park is on weekends, when costumed actors interact with kids and offer a guided interpretation of each house. However, entrance fees are half-price on weekdays.
Things to Do in Campos do Jordão
Tucked in the Mantiqueira Mountains foothills in eastern Sao Paulo state, Campos do Jordão resembles a traditional alpine resort town with Swiss-style architecture and forested backdrop. Highlights include hiking Parque Estadual de Campos do Jordão to spot pumas, ocelots, and exotic birds; hiking to Garalhada waterfall; taking in views from Itapeva mountain; and trying a treetop adventure course at Parque dos Lagos. In July, the city hosts the popular International Winter Festival.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Felicia Leirner Museum (Museu Felicia Leirner)
- Claudio Santoro Auditorium (Auditorio Claudio Santoro)
- Jardim dos Pinhais Ecco Parque
- Thermas Hot World
- Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) of Serra Negra
- Serra Negra Cable Car (Teleférico Serra Negra)
- Itatiba Zoo (Zooparque Itatiba)
- Magic City Water Park
- Pedra Grande
- Cantareira State Park (Parque Estadual da Cantareira)
- Immigration Museum of the State of São Paulo (Museu da Imigração)
- Sao Paulo Museum of Sacred Art (Museu de Arte Sacra)
- Art Gallery of the State of Sao Paulo (Pinacoteca do Estado de Sao Paulo)
- Sao Paulo Municipal Theater (Theatro Municipal)
- Estaçao Pinacoteca (Pina_Estaçao)