Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café)
At the Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café) visitors experience the world’s favorite caffeinated-beverage through history and of course, taste. The Coffee Museum is housed in what used to be the Coffee Stock Exchange, where Brazilian coffee was weighed and traded before being sent through the Santos Port and overseas.
The Coffee Stock Exchange closed in the 1960s and fell into disrepair, but after decades of restoration efforts, in 2005 the beautiful colonial building re-opened as the Coffee Museum. The building’s architecture is a highlight of a visit to the museum. High ceilings with stained-glass skylights lie above ornately designed marble floors on the Exchange’s main trading room. The museum’s exhibition rooms explain the historical and cultural significance of coffee in Brazil, and worldwide, through photos, paintings, antique coffee-farming tools and more.
Brazil has a strong coffee culture – not only is Brazil the largest coffee producer in the world, but it is also is the second largest consumer of coffee. This is easy to see in every day life throughout the country, where a cafezinho (a little coffee), is customary in the mornings, after meals, and practically any time you want a pick-me-up. After touring the museum, be sure to try a cup of delicious Brazilian-grown coffee in the museum café for yourself!
Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café) Tours
What are Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café) hours of operation?
Should I book Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café) 2021?
What's the best way to experience Santos Coffee Museum (Museu do Café)?
- Day Trip Tour to Santos And Guaruja
- Private Santos and Guaruja Tour from São Paulo
- Santos Overview – The Best Sights: Half-Day Private Tour (Santos City Pick-up)
- Beaches Tour: Santos, São Vicente and Guaruja from São Paulo
Things to do near Santos
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Lake District