Palacio de Bellas Artes
The Palace of Fine Arts, located in the heart of Santo Domingo, was designed by Francisco Manuel Batista and built to showcase the culture and traditions of the Dominican Republic during the reign of dictator Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina. It is home to vast galleries as well as a 614-seat theater for productions and presentations.
Travelers who venture to the stunning white neoclassical structure with its impressive dome and imposing columns can check out a performance of the symphony orchestra, National Folkloric Ballet, or simply tour the building and learn about the incredible history of arts education that’s taken place here since the 1950s.
It’s easy to visit the Palacio de Bellas Artes as part of a Santo Domingo city tour by comfortable coach, on foot or by bike.
Palacio de Bellas Artes is located between Calle Aristides Fiallo Cabral and Avenida Independencia on Avenida Maximo Gomez, a few blocks from the Ministry of Education.
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Samaná
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Punta Cana
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Oranjestad
- Things to do in Kralendijk
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in Trelawny
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- National Palace
- Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor (Catedral Primada de América)
- Ciudad Colonial (Zona Colonial)
- Columbus Park (Parque Colon)
- Alcázar de Colón (Columbus Palace)
- Ozama Fort (Fortaleza Ozama)
- Calle Las Damas
- Museum of the Royal Houses (Museo de las Casas Reales)
- Plaza de España (Plaza de Armas)
- Columbus Lighthouse (Faro a Colón)
- Los Tres Ojos National Park
- National Botanical Garden
- Boca Chica