Plaza de la Constitucion Tours and Activities
At the heart of Chile’s political landscape, the Plaza de la Constitucion is a vast, paved square occupying a full square block in the center of Santiago’s civic district. Surrounded by government buildings like the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Justice, and the Banco Central de Chile, the most impressive site of all is the square’s Palacio de la Moneda.
Designed by the Italian architect Joaquín Toesca and built in the late 18th century, the Palacio de la Moneda is said to be one of the finest neoclassical buildings in South America. Originally intended as the Royal Mint, today the palace houses the Chilean presidential offices.
Every second morning, here’s where you can see the changing of the guard set to the Chilean national anthem, and while you can’t go inside the palacio, you can wander its inner courtyards. In front of the south side of the Palacio Moneda, it’s worth visiting the Centro Cultural Palacio de la Moneda. Opened in 2006, the cultural center features temporary exhibitions of South American art and photography.
Tours and Activities to Experience Plaza de la Constitucion
Small Group Best Deal: Panoramic Santiago city tour experience plus Viña del mar - Valparaiso - Casablanca in Two Days from Santiago
Frequently Asked Questions
- Santiago Evening Bike Tour
- Santiago Center Cultural Bike Tour
- Pre or Post San Antonio Cruise with Santiago City Tour and optional Vineyard
- Private Santiago City Half Day Tour
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in Mendoza
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Bariloche
- Things to do in Puerto Montt
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano