Palacio de Bellas Artes
Constructed in 1910, at the height of Latin America's frilly neoclassical-meets-art nouveau architectural wave, the graceful Palacio de Bellas Artes still strikes an imposing figure amidst modern Santiago's cold skyscrapers. Its ornate stone facade, which would do any cathedral proud, and permanent artistic merit make it the perfect home for the National Museum of Fine Arts.
The permanent collection, displayed in the Palacio's soaring chambers, begins with the Spanish Colonial era and traces Chile's cultural development through the styles of its artistic masters. Temporary exhibitions come from around Chile and the world.
The MAC (Museo de Arte Contemporáneo), Santiago's contemporary art museum, is also here. While it University of Chile-operated institution may lack the gravitas of the neighboring Fine Arts Museum, exhibits can be a lot more fun.
Palacio de Bellas Artes Tours
Small Group Best Deal: Panoramic Santiago city tour experience plus Viña del mar - Valparaiso - Casablanca in Two Days from Santiago
What are Palacio de Bellas Artes hours of operation?
Should I book Palacio de Bellas Artes tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Palacio de Bellas Artes 2021?
What's the best way to experience Palacio de Bellas Artes?
- Santiago Evening Bike Tour
- Santiago Center Cultural Bike Tour
- Private Santiago City Half Day Tour
- Pre or Post San Antonio Cruise with Santiago City Tour and optional Vineyard
Things to do near Santiago
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in Mendoza
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in San Martin de los Andes
- Things to do in Bariloche
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano