MontGras Winery Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
The brainchild of brothers Hernan and Eduardo Gras, and partner Cristian Hartwig, MontGras Winery opened in 1993. Using state-of-the-art technology, the award-winning winery is best known for its full-bodied syrah, malbec, carmenere, and cabernet sauvignon wines.
Wine lovers can peek behind the scenes of the winery in Palmilla and discover its winemaking process on one of a number of a guided tours. One tour includes a walk around the vineyards, a visit to the wine cellar, and a guided wine tasting, while another excursion offers hands-on experience in the vineyards to try picking, selecting, and treading grapes. You can even create your own wine blend during a special workshop, and finish by bottling, corking, and labeling your wine to take home with you.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The legal drinking age in Chile is 18.
- Advance booking is required for tastings and winery tours, which are conducted in both Spanish and English.
- The winery and parts of the vineyards are wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The MontGras winery is located in Chile's Colchagua Valley, about a 10-minute drive north of Santa Cruz. There is no public transport to the winery, but it's possible to visit as part of a tour with transportation or take a taxi from Santa Cruz.
When to Get There
Winery tours are possible year-round, and advance bookings are highly recommended. The annual harvest typically runs from mid-February through the end of April.
Chile's Colchagua Valley
A prime Chilean wine-growing region, the Colchagua Valley runs along the Colchagua riverbank. Naturally sheltered between the Andes and the Coastal mountain ranges, the area features an ideal terroir for wine growing. It is most known for its red wines; the most popular varietals are cabernet sauvignon, carmenere, merlot, malbec, and syrah. Aside from wine tasting, visitors come to the region for cycling tours, horseback riding excursions, and rides on the Santa Cruz Wine Train.
Address: Camino Isla de Yaquil s/N, Palmilla, Region del Libertador Gral, Chile
0 Tours and Activities to Experience MontGras Winery
No results found!
Things to do near Santiago
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in Mendoza
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in San Martin de los Andes
- Things to do in Bariloche
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano