Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana) Tours and Activities - page 2
It was most recently rebuilt in the 1750s, with the help of Italian architect Joaquín Toesca, who designed the baroque-fringed neoclassical facade that set the standard for subsequent structures around the Plaza de Armas.
The Catedral Metropolitana has dominated the west side of the Plaza de Armas for centuries, and is the official heart of the city, from which all other points around Santiago are measured. Driving in this busy neighborhood isn't recommended, but the metro's L5 green line drops you at Plaza de Armas, in front of the main facade of Santiago's Cathedral.
While the interior is worth a look any time, consider visiting for one of the cathedral's organ concerts, played on an ornate instrument the size of some homes. These are held several times a month; check the paper, or ask at the church, to find out about upcoming events.
45 Tours and Activities to Experience Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Valparaíso
- Things to do in Mendoza
- Things to do in Pucón
- Things to do in Bariloche
- Things to do in Puerto Montt
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in Altiplano