Club Hipico Tours and Activities
Santiago's Club Hipico (Club Hípico de Santiago) is the most exclusive of Santiago's race tracks. Dating back to 1870, it's the oldest racetrack in country and home to South America's oldest stakes race — the Clásico El Ensayo, making it the best place to see thoroughbred horse racing while in the Chilean capital.
One of the country's three main tracks (the other two are Hipodromo Chile and Valparaiso Sporting Club), Club Hipico is known for its formal gardens, fountains, ponds, and views out to the Andes.
Located just west of Parque O'Higgins, race days are long by international standards, and there are usually around 18 races per card. With an arena that can hold over 30,000 people, live concerts also take place at Club Hipico.
Tours and Activities to Experience Club Hipico
- Aquamundo Aquarium
- Ahumada Boulevard (Paseo Ahumada)
- La Moneda Palace (Palacio de la Moneda)
- Museum of Memory and Human Rights
- Plaza de la Constitucion
- Chilean Museum of Pre-Colombian Art (Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino)
- Chilean National Library (Biblioteca Nacional de Chile)
- Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- Central Post Office
- Red House (Casa Colorada)
- National Museum of Natural History (Museo Nacional de Historia Natural)
- Plaza de Armas
- Santo Domingo Church (Iglesia de Santo Domingo)
- Santa Lucia Hill (Cerro Santa Lucia)
- Santiago Central Market (Mercado Central de Santiago)