Santa Fe Botanical Garden Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Situated in Santa Fe’s scenic Museum Hill neighborhood, Santa Fe Botanical Garden offers 12 acres (5 hectares) of landscaped gardens and wooded areas that showcase the natural beauty of New Mexico’s flora and desert terrain. The garden opened in 2013 and continues to grow and expand.
The Santa Fe Botanical Garden melds the cultural with the natural across its four zones, each dotted with art installations. The Orchard Garden serves as the entry point for visitors, while the kid-friendly Eyes and Hands (Ojos y Manos) garden highlights plants used for food, healing, dyeing, and weaving. The Pinyon-Juniper Woodland protects a pristine woodland ecosystem, while each of the five Courtyard Gardens reflects an aspect of Santa Fe’s cultural history.
Visitors can walk along Arroyo Trails between the Old Pecos Trail and the Botanical Garden, or cycle along the new Museum Hill Bicycle Trail.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Santa Fe Botanical Garden is a great place for families to learn about the New Mexico desert.
- Don’t forget to bring sun protection; parts of the garden lack shade and the sun can be intense.
- The garden’s main pathways are wheelchair accessible, and wheelchair parking is available in the Museum Overflow Parking Lot.
How to Get There
The botanical garden is located at Museum Hill just off Old Santa Fe Trail. The best way to get there is to drive; free parking is available in a gravel overflow parking lot near the entrance gateway.
When to Get There
The garden is open Wednesday to Sunday with shorter hours during the winter (November to March). Contact the garden ahead of time to find out what’s in bloom.
Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve
Those interested in a more natural exploration of the high desert ecosystems should visit the garden’s sister property, a 35-acre (14-hectare) nature preserve protecting a rare cienega (marsh). Entry is free, and the preserve offers the opportunity to experience the biodiversity of this unique habitat.
Address: 715 Camino Lejo, Museum Hill, Santa Fe, NM 87505-7516, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Santa Fe Botanical Garden
No results found!
Things to do near Santa Fe
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Taos
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Buena Vista
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Moab
- Things to do in Denver
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Utah