Volcán San Pedro Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Looming above the shores of Lake Atitlan and the village of San Pedro La Laguna, Volcán San Pedro is one of the region’s most accessible for volcano trekking. The views from the top make it well worth the effort of getting there.
Two routes lead to the volcano’s summit 9,908 feet (3,020 meters) above sea level. Both are strenuous, mostly uphill climbs through corn fields and coffee plantations, oak and pine forests. The volcanic soil coating the dormant peak is rich in nutrients, so many Guatemalans grow their crops along the volcanic foothills.
For safety reasons, hikers should never try to climb Volcán San Pedro alone. Bring a few buddies, or better yet, hire a guide to lead you to the top and back.
Address: San Pedro La Laguna, Sololá, Guatemala
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Volcán San Pedro
No results found!
Things to do near San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Santa Ana
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in La Libertad
- Things to do in San Luis Talpa
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands