Top San Jose Half-day Tours
51 results | All San Jose Tours
* A traveler said: "Gabo was great! Very knowledgeable and friendly, and even took the time out of his evening to escort another couple to an extra location after the end of the official tour."
* A traveler said: "Alex the tour guide was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around! Fantastic tour! The food was declicious too!"
* A traveler said: "Sergio did an awesome job! I felt it was a great value for the $$ spent and a great way to spend a day in San Jose."
* A traveler said: "The tour of downtown San José was enhanced with local music by a charming gentleman named Sergio. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about San José and Costa Rican history. I highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "A short drive from San Jose in a beautiful air conditioned van. The rescue center was very nice and the guide was passionate and knowledgeable. It’s a little pricey, but a great tour"
* A traveler said: "It was me and my friends first time in Costa Rica and we saw this great package deal online , it was worth it ! We had an AMAZING time . Our atv instructor Gabriel was very helpful and kind , our zip line tour instructors Danny & two other guys ( if I’m remembering right ) lol , was very much helpful and when my rope got stuck they helped me & was patient , seen so much beautiful birds , monkeys & the food was good also !! I would deff come back again"
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing experience as we encountered the very first real rain forest we've ever been too. The ride and staff were very helpful and friendly ensuring we had a comfortable trip."
* A traveler said: "The guides were amazing! Even though mudslides closed some roads and there were delays the guides took time to get us safely there and back rather than canceling. The activities were awesome!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was great. Very nice and friendly. He even helped my husband get a cab home. It was a great night out"
* A traveler said: "We really enjoyed this tour. Great food and beer pairings at each stop. Iva, our guide, was very knowledgeable on the types of beers, the beer making process and the CR breweries. She keep the group engaged as well, since were the only non Costa Ricans on the tour. We picked the hotel pick up option as well which was nice. ."
* A traveler said: "Incredible views and sights. The driver Edwin and the guide, Fila, I believe his name was, were top notch. Guide was funny, passionate, and took time ro get to know you. Be aware the steps are pretty challenging. Just pace yourself and you'll be fine."
* A traveler said: "Albert our guide/driver was excellent! Albert was very pleasant, friendly, patient, and helpful. Our ATV tour at Riders ATV was very good - a lot of fun! Everyone, (at the restaurant and the horseback riding location), throughout the day was welcoming and very kind."
* A traveler said: "We have a very pleasant city tour with Ama this week. He was extremely friendly, funny, knowledgeable and very well versed on history on every corner. Stopped to have local ice cream unique to San Jose, and really enjoyed the history coffee shop Don Juanito. His special ability to animate the narrative made the tour a wonderful morning and early afternoon."
* A traveler said: "I’m so glad we did this tour!! It was a last minute decision but boy was it amazing! Our guide Angel was so knowledgeable! He took us to beautiful landmarks and we ate a great deal of local fruits, snacks and drinks. He was a total delight! I would highly recommend anyone book this tour. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Thank you, Angel!!"
* A traveler said: "Wow, we loved this tour. Our guide, Ivannia, was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was much more comprehensive than we expected it to be, as we got to see some of the main buildings in downtown San Jose as well as going through Central Market and sampling some of the food and drinks. I highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Riders atv company was absolutely amazing! Super nice and helpful. Enrique was the best tour guid and definitely made the tour a lot more exciting. I’ve been atv in different places of the world and I have to say by far this was the best experience I’ve ever had"
* A traveler said: "A very nice tour. Our guide was friendly, and on time. It is really nice up there on the volcano. The airport drop off was also very convenient."
* A traveler said: "This tour was worth every penny! It's based in a small town of approximately 1,800 residents. The horseback riding lasted between 3 and 4 hours, with stops along the way to swim in a waterfall (bring a swimsuit, we forgot!), to visit a viewpoint above the village, and to tour the coffee mill downtown. At the coffee mill, we really got to see the process up close. They process coffee beans in 3 ways there, and we were guided through the greenhouses and machineries of each. We ended the horseback ride at the house of the owners of the farm, where they gave us coffee and snacks (sandwiches and fresh fruit). Overall, the tour was an incredible way to see a beautiful Costa Rican coffee farm, and the guides shared lots of information and answered all of our questions along the way. Perhaps most importantly, the horses are clearly well cared for. My friend who went with me has horses, and she could tell that they were well trained, well groomed, and well fed. They do have personalities, though! Mine would often stop to eat, which required some control to curb. Because of that and because of the amount of time spent riding, I think people who are already comfortable on horses will enjoy this tour the most, but the guides are definitely equipped and ready to help guests of any experience level."
* A traveler said: "The Garden was a memorable experience. We enjoyed a comfortable and informative automobile drive from San Jose to La Paz (and back) with our tour guide Jean (Jon). There was a steady fresh rain that fell while we walked about in La Paz Waterfalls Garden which provided a true feeling of being present in the rain forest . Standing among the Humming birds was a highlight. The Falls were incredible as was all the beautiful flora and fauna throughout. Jon guided us through the gardens and was able to answer all our questions and point things out that we otherwise would have missed. The buffet was wonderful. Our guide employed a smart travel strategy by starting the day early and getting back to San Jose before the traffic rush period. As a consequence we had time in the afternoon to enjoy the fabulous National Museum in San Jose which our guide was kind enough to drop us off at."
Frequently Asked Questions
- San Jose By Night: Food and Culture Small Group Tour
- San Jose Walking Tour: Food, History and Architecture
- Rainforest Adventures Aerial Tram Tour Braulio Carrillo
- San Jose Craft Beer Walking Tour with food pairings by Carpe Chepe
- Private ATV Tour from San Jose Enjoy jungle, Beach, River Paths and Ocean Views
- National Theater (Teatro Nacional)
- Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
- La Sabana Park
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Gold Museum
- Chirripó National Park
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- Morazan Park
- National Museum (Museo Nacional)
- Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
Day Trips from San Jose
- San Jose to Costa Rica
- San Jose to La Fortuna
- San Jose to Arenal Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Poas Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Jaco
- San Jose to Puntarenas
- San Jose to Quepos
- San Jose to Limon
- San Jose to Tabacon Hot Springs
- San Jose to Carara National Park (Parque Nacional Carara)
- San Jose to Baldi Hot Springs
- San Jose to Celeste River (Río Celeste)
- San Jose to Jaco Beach
- San Jose to Tortuguero National Park (Parque Nacional Tortuguero)
- San Jose to Monteverde
- San Jose to Tortuguero
- San Jose to Alajuela