Top San Jose Fun & Games
11 results | All San Jose Tours
* A traveler said: "Wow, we loved this tour. Our guide, Ivannia, was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was much more comprehensive than we expected it to be, as we got to see some of the main buildings in downtown San Jose as well as going through Central Market and sampling some of the food and drinks. I highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour! Comfortable bus. Fun and knowledgeable guide. We were able to tour a coffee plantation, view a volcano, and see native animals before hiking waterfalls. Breakfast and lunch were superb."
* A traveler said: "Mauricio did a very good tour through San Jose with us, he showed as the key sights including the central market and explained very well."
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing experience as we encountered the very first real rain forest we've ever been too. The ride and staff were very helpful and friendly ensuring we had a comfortable trip."
* A traveler said: "Our host Fernando moss was exceptional ! He was very knowledgeable and friendly he treated us very well and made accommodations for myself and my friends. This tour was way more than we expected and highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Gladys and Ernesto provided tons of cultural and historical context for all the sites we visited in the city core. Great tour of the thriving markets, pedestrian shopping area and significant buildings. At the end of the tour they led us to a great craft brewery-Stieffel - which was a special interest of ours. Highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "We were recommended by a close friend to try a coffee or chocolate tour. His recommendation turned out to payout so much in the positive I cannot thank him enough; but I would caveat that the experience we had that was so meaningful all started with our driver/guide Geraldo! Geraldo showed up on time, greeted us, got us to the car, which was clean, nice and very comfortable. Our conversations just seemed to flow as if we had known each other for a life time; talking about everything and anything and providing us with great insight on Costa Rica. The drive was long, but didn't seem that way because of the good conversations had by us all. Once we arrived at the bioreserve; Geraldo got us all squared away with the tour company and because we had a considerable amount of time before the tour; he took us on a mini tour which allowed us to see a sloth and most importantly to me; a poison dart frog! My hearing is pretty bad, but Geraldo was able to focus in on the singing little guy and point it out for me to grab a picture of it! We got back and went on our tour with Walter. Walter did a great job sharing the history of the park and the fauna and animals that we saw. After our tour we went back to the tour area and sat down in the restaurant. Shortly after our arrival, Geraldo showed up and asked about the chocolate...We were puzzled and stated there was no chocolate on the tour. He instantly jumped to his feet and took off. After a little bit of time had passed he arrived and we very apologetic...it seems the bioreserve had made a mistake and booked us on a walking tour and not the chocolate tour. Geraldo asked us if we had time to go back out on the actual chocolate tour and we were totally fine with it. Geraldo, that short period of time had engaged his company, the bioreserve company and worked out what went wrong and how to resolve it. After a very delicious lunch (I loved the ribs) we were off again with Walter, but this time to the small chocolate plantation on the bioreserve. Very informative, very interesting, but my wife found out that fresh chocolate with lots of cocoa is very bitter! Additionally to having the correct tour, we had a chance to see a basilisk sunning itself on a rock in the river and a mother sloth with her baby! We were back with Geraldo and on the road back to the hotel, the conversations continued to flow and Geraldo offered some extra stops for photos, but we knew we had those stops on another tour and passed so that he could get home at a reasonable hour. We cannot recommend Geraldo and Greenway Nature Day Tours enough; great communications from start to finish and they are definitely above the rest when it comes to their customer experience!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- National Theater (Teatro Nacional)
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)
- La Sabana Park
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Morazan Park
- Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
- National Museum (Museo Nacional)
- Chirripó National Park
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- Gold Museum
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)
- Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
Day Trips from San Jose
- San Jose to Costa Rica
- San Jose to La Fortuna
- San Jose to Arenal Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Poas Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Jaco
- San Jose to Puntarenas
- San Jose to Quepos
- San Jose to Limon
- San Jose to Tabacon Hot Springs
- San Jose to Carara National Park (Parque Nacional Carara)
- San Jose to Baldi Hot Springs
- San Jose to Celeste River (Río Celeste)
- San Jose to Jaco Beach
- San Jose to Tortuguero National Park (Parque Nacional Tortuguero)
- San Jose to Monteverde
- San Jose to Tortuguero
- San Jose to Alajuela