Top San Jose Day Trips
- San Jose to Costa Rica
- San Jose to Jaco
- San Jose to Jaco Beach
- San Jose to La Fortuna
- San Jose to Limon
- San Jose to Monteverde
- San Jose to Poas Volcano National Park
- San Jose to Puntarenas
- San Jose to Quepos
- San Jose to Tabacon Hot Springs
- San Jose to Tortuguero
- San Jose to Tortuguero National Park (Parque Nacional Tortuguero)
189 results | All San Jose Tours
* A traveler said: "Our host Fernando moss was exceptional ! He was very knowledgeable and friendly he treated us very well and made accommodations for myself and my friends. This tour was way more than we expected and highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Great Trip, nice people, Juan did a great job shepherding us around. We saw native culture, local cuisine, hot springs, nature"
* A traveler said: "Juan was an awesome tour guide. He showed us the culture of Costa Rica and made us feel at home. We felt like locals after the tour!!!!"
* A traveler said: "Thumbs up to Albano and Arturo. They’re not just my tour guides but they also were my photographer. It was a great jungle experience."
* A traveler said: "We only got 1 day free to explore San Jose. We chose this Wildlife Refuge and waterfalls to get a little taste of the Costa Rican wildlife and nature. The Refuge is incredibly well design, kept, and harmonized with nature. The falls were beautiful and there were several trails to see them from all angles. My husband and I were extremely satisfied. It is also great for photographers, and my husband happens to be one."
* A traveler said: "A very nice tour. Our guide was friendly, and on time. It is really nice up there on the volcano. The airport drop off was also very convenient."
* A traveler said: "It was me and my friends first time in Costa Rica and we saw this great package deal online , it was worth it ! We had an AMAZING time . Our atv instructor Gabriel was very helpful and kind , our zip line tour instructors Danny & two other guys ( if I’m remembering right ) lol , was very much helpful and when my rope got stuck they helped me & was patient , seen so much beautiful birds , monkeys & the food was good also !! I would deff come back again"
* A traveler said: "Sergio did an awesome job! I felt it was a great value for the $$ spent and a great way to spend a day in San Jose."
* A traveler said: "My guide was Max. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Arenal Volcano was majestic and the view point was very serene. Baldi Hot Springs was one of the highlights if my trip. It was a gorgeous place with so many pools to choose from. A swim-up bar and dinner topped the experience. Baldi Hot Springs is something I will not soon forget."
* A traveler said: "This was an amazing tour! It had a lot of information about Costa Rica and many sights to see. It was so cool interacting with the wild monkeys! The hanging bridges were also beautiful, our guide on the hike was so knowledgeable about the ecosystem. Make sure you ask for Juan for this tour, he’s awesome!!"
* A traveler said: "It was a great experience! The rainforest and hot springs were so much fun! Hayro did an amazing job showing us around! He really goes above and beyond his job!"
* A traveler said: "A short drive from San Jose in a beautiful air conditioned van. The rescue center was very nice and the guide was passionate and knowledgeable. It’s a little pricey, but a great tour"
* A traveler said: "Great tour. Enjoyed the monkeys, coffee tour and food. The hanging bridges was exciting. Our tour guide, Juan was a great driver and company."
* A traveler said: "Great tour! Comfortable bus. Fun and knowledgeable guide. We were able to tour a coffee plantation, view a volcano, and see native animals before hiking waterfalls. Breakfast and lunch were superb."
* A traveler said: "The tour of downtown San José was enhanced with local music by a charming gentleman named Sergio. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about San José and Costa Rican history. I highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "My tour guides was very knowledgeable of San Jose. I got to learn more about the country's and city's history. It was a pleasant experience to see the see city. They took me to a "no frill" restaurant that specializes in authentic Costa Rican cuisine. It better than food from the restaurant in the hotel I stayed at."
* A traveler said: "It was a great experience. We saw animals in their natural environment. Beach was excellent. Waves were really good on our trip. Be prepared to wait long lines for showers. When we were there the showers were closed. We were only able to hose off our feet."
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour! We did the zipline and ATV with lunch included! Our guides were very knowledgable and ensured we had a safe trip! We were picked up in a nice van in San Jose and had a great ride to the tour site! We even stopped to grab a smoothie and see the crocodiles in Tarcoles! The food was delicious, some of the best that we had while in Costa Rica! Picture packages were reasonable and looked amazing! Lockers are available for a $10 (refundable) deposit! I wish I had more time to try EVERYTHING!"
* A traveler said: "We were recommended by a close friend to try a coffee or chocolate tour. His recommendation turned out to payout so much in the positive I cannot thank him enough; but I would caveat that the experience we had that was so meaningful all started with our driver/guide Geraldo! Geraldo showed up on time, greeted us, got us to the car, which was clean, nice and very comfortable. Our conversations just seemed to flow as if we had known each other for a life time; talking about everything and anything and providing us with great insight on Costa Rica. The drive was long, but didn't seem that way because of the good conversations had by us all. Once we arrived at the bioreserve; Geraldo got us all squared away with the tour company and because we had a considerable amount of time before the tour; he took us on a mini tour which allowed us to see a sloth and most importantly to me; a poison dart frog! My hearing is pretty bad, but Geraldo was able to focus in on the singing little guy and point it out for me to grab a picture of it! We got back and went on our tour with Walter. Walter did a great job sharing the history of the park and the fauna and animals that we saw. After our tour we went back to the tour area and sat down in the restaurant. Shortly after our arrival, Geraldo showed up and asked about the chocolate...We were puzzled and stated there was no chocolate on the tour. He instantly jumped to his feet and took off. After a little bit of time had passed he arrived and we very apologetic...it seems the bioreserve had made a mistake and booked us on a walking tour and not the chocolate tour. Geraldo asked us if we had time to go back out on the actual chocolate tour and we were totally fine with it. Geraldo, that short period of time had engaged his company, the bioreserve company and worked out what went wrong and how to resolve it. After a very delicious lunch (I loved the ribs) we were off again with Walter, but this time to the small chocolate plantation on the bioreserve. Very informative, very interesting, but my wife found out that fresh chocolate with lots of cocoa is very bitter! Additionally to having the correct tour, we had a chance to see a basilisk sunning itself on a rock in the river and a mother sloth with her baby! We were back with Geraldo and on the road back to the hotel, the conversations continued to flow and Geraldo offered some extra stops for photos, but we knew we had those stops on another tour and passed so that he could get home at a reasonable hour. We cannot recommend Geraldo and Greenway Nature Day Tours enough; great communications from start to finish and they are definitely above the rest when it comes to their customer experience!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Gold Museum
- Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)
- Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
- Morazan Park
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- National Theater (Teatro Nacional)
- National Museum (Museo Nacional)
- La Sabana Park
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- Chirripó National Park
- Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Limon
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in San Blas Islands
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast