Top San Francisco Kid-Friendly
Read MoreShow Less
San Francisco is full of kid-friendly fun, much of which adults can enjoy as well. From vibrant neighborhoods and museums to boat rides and green park spaces, see below for some of the best things to do in the City by the Bay with kids in tow.
- Explore the city at your family's pace via a hop on, hop off bus tour that includes live narration and hits all the major sights.
- Ride across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with a guide to the seaside town of Sausalito.
- Choose your preferred mode of transport and explore San Francisco's famous hills or waterfront by bike, GoCar, Segway, speed boat, or even fire engine.
- Take a bike tour through top areas such as Golden Gate Park or Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Book priority access to the Walt Disney Family Museum, the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39, or the Exploratorium, a hands-on science museum.
5 San Francisco Kid-Friendly | All San Francisco Tours
Gain admission to the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco, located at Pier 39 between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Alcatraz ferry landing. A general admission ticket provides direct access to all of the aquarium’s main exhibit areas, which house more than 20,000 sea creatures. Learn what is typically found in San Francisco Bay and the nearby Pacific, including sharks, river otters, and even octopuses. The aquarium features interactive exhibits, as well as walk-through glass tunnels where schools of anchovies and fluorescent jellyfish swim overhead and around you.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Explore all the San Francisco Zoo has to offer at your own pace with this full-day admission ticket. Go to the Leanne B. Roberts African Savanna exhibit, and spot animals native to Africa such as giraffes, zebras, and kudus. Stop by Penguin Island to watch the adorable Magellanic penguins. Check out and learn about more than 250 species that call the zoo home.
San Francisco attracts eager visitors from across the world, but the city’s walking tours can lack a certain excitement. On this tour, challenge your friends and family on an engaging treasure hunt through the city. Bring your problem-solving skills to the fore, follow a series of mysterious clues with your guide, and see San Francisco in a fun and active way—with a whole host of games and surprises along the way.
Battle fearsome zombies, oversize monsters or robot bandits — all without leaving San Francisco — at the DarkRide 7D Experience on Pier 39. Choose your own adventure, then buckle up and grab a laser blaster for for an immersive virtual reality quest to take down your opponents. 3D glasses plus sound and motion effects turn an ordinary trip to Fisherman’s Wharf into a thrilling, high-definition challenge.
This is an experience fun for the whole family. You are in for an incredible experience, sure to play with your perception and make you the star of every photo you take!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kid-Friendly in San Francisco?
The best Kid-Friendly in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
- Aquarium of the Bay General Admission Ticket
- San Francisco Zoo General Admission
- San Francisco Scavenger and Treasure Hunt Tour for Families
- 7D DarkRide Admission at Pier 39
- Skip the Line: Museum of 3D Illusions General Admission Tickets
What tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
What tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
See all tours in San Francisco on Viator.
See all tours in San Francisco on Viator.
- Nob Hill
- Tomales Point
- Hayes Valley
- The Cannery
- Bay Bridge
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA)
- SS Jeremiah O'Brien
- California Historical Society
- Grateful Dead House
- James R. Herman Cruise Terminal at Pier 27
- Grace Cathedral
- Angel Island State Park
- Sutro Baths
- Baker Beach
- Union Square
- Haas-Lilienthal House
- Lands End
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Oakland
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Lake Tahoe
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Reno
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon